IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Smart Defrag 3

itobe

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen these types of problems only on systems with too many apps mostly. Looks like you're running xp. If you have too many apps please remove some unnecessary apps if possible. Hope it helps.

No that really can't be an issue as The software works, but just gives the error message. The computer sits at idle most of the time CPU 1-2 percent usage now with four apps running, and the Smart Defrag loads instantly although it throws the "Error" message.

From what I can see this...

To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this

application or machine (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

Or this....

I think one of the two issues is the problem. "Jit Debugger", or The "System.Error" seen on the attachment. That's all I can figure?

No that really can't be an issue as The software works, but just gives the error message. The computer sits at idle most of the time CPU 1-2 percent usage now with four apps running, and the Smart Defrag loads instantly although it throws the "Error" message.

From what I can see this...

Or this....

I think one of the two issues is the problem. "Jit Debugger", or The "System.Error" seen on the attachment. That's all I can figure?

It used to happen on my old xp pc earlier when ram usage was around 70% with SD and ASC 5 & 6 mostly

Hi jeffs4u,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean the error message happens when you install Smart Defrag?

Does it happen when you run Smart Defrag? It seems that the error message is not related to Smart Defrag3. Does the error happen when you run other programs?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Error Message

The one starting with this happened during setup....

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

After setup "running the application" gives this error....

If I just click continue for the error everything works fine. It's running now! No error when it's sitting in the system tray, but when I click it to open the application I get the popup. Everything works, but it gives the error every time I open the application. I just click continue and everything works fine. I just don't like the idea of the error message every time I open the app.

And No "I get no error messages for anything on this PC" except Smart Defrag 3.

Same Old?

GUI looks nice.It does NOT do as good as a job as my Defrag 2 Pro.

...it does NOT leave space at the beggining of the Disk for Temp files (browsing etc.)

...it leaves data files on the Disk separate from the beggining of the disk.

...there are NO 'immovable files'.

...the developers REALLY need to download Auslogic's Pro Disk Defrag and look at the good before REALLY focusing on the IObit Defragger! :wink:

Kind regards and happy holidays to all! :grin:

-Cowboy

###After Defragging and fully optimizing,it does perform well except for leaving 'open' data blocks at the beggining of the Disk.

...my profound apologies for my initial rash judgement.

IObit Defragger IS headed in the right direction!! :lol:

Would like to do more optimization for games? What about a smilly face to let you know, your HDD needs optimizing? Also do you guys recommend defrag and prioritize on a dedicated server that host game server and also do you recommend it home gaming PC's?

boot defrag problem

since I used v3 beta for a week, and I face a serious problem. the boot defrag is worked well for a few time, until when I start my pc and the boot screen is keep on looping, even I try to boot it in safe mode also the same. Because of this problem, I have to refresh my pc to get in my windows 8.1.:-(

So now I am change back to v2, and I hope this problem can be fix in the next version.

Would like to do more optimization for games? What about a smilly face to let you know, your HDD needs optimizing? Also do you guys recommend defrag and prioritize on a dedicated server that host game server and also do you recommend it home gaming PC's?

Hi kidx86,

Thanks for your suggestions and questions. I will report your suggestions to our product team for consideration.

Yeah, you can use Smart Defrag on both the server that host game server and your home gaming PC's.

Welcome more your suggestions and feedbacks.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Cheers. :wink:

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

since I used v3 beta for a week, and I face a serious problem. the boot defrag is worked well for a few time, until when I start my pc and the boot screen is keep on looping, even I try to boot it in safe mode also the same. Because of this problem, I have to refresh my pc to get in my windows 8.1.:-(

So now I am change back to v2, and I hope this problem can be fix in the next version.

Hi chungweileong94,

Thanks for your feddbacks.

For the issue you mentioned, we have made improvements in Smart Defrag 3 Beta 2. When Smart Defrag 3 Beta 2 is released, hope you can try it again to let us know whether the issue continues. Thanks for your help in advance.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

General issues with iobit defrag

I use defrag 2 on all my computers for the last few years and recommend it to family.

I just ran iobit defrag 3 Beta.

Issues (defrag3):

1. It no longer displays any unmovable blocks, compared to defrag 2 which shows a ton.

2. Like defrag2, the fragment counter in lower right goes up during the analysis and then never goes down during the defragmentation (it should count down).

3. White 'move' icon can flash over a blank square which stays blank after it is done. Makes me question if the disk block display is even accurate.

4. Lost boot time defrag settings after upgrade

5. Install should go in same location as defrag2 or default to the same directory tree as previous defrag installation only changing the leaf directory to Defrag3.

Note - I never install software in its default location on the c driver.

Enhancement -

6. click on block should display all files which store data on the disk at that location. This would be very helpful when a lot of unmovable blocks appear.

Good idea

>>@dev3<<

@Cicely!

I did another test,Auslogics Free and Defrag Beta one fully optimized....

Auslogics finished with 0.0% fragmentation and Defrag Beta finished with 4.8% fragmentation.

Defrag Beta took only 45 seconds,left gaps in the drive everywhere...

....did not leave 7-10 'empty' data blocks at the beginning of the drive for casual browsing and downloading etc.

...could not arrange data blocks continuously at the front of the drive.

...(sigh) I'm putting Defrag 2 Pro back on until a good version of Defrag 3 Final is out.I tried my best,I really did. :cry:

-Cowboy

I use defrag 2 on all my computers for the last few years and recommend it to family.

I just ran iobit defrag 3 Beta.

Issues (defrag3):

1. It no longer displays any unmovable blocks, compared to defrag 2 which shows a ton.

2. Like defrag2, the fragment counter in lower right goes up during the analysis and then never goes down during the defragmentation (it should count down).

3. White 'move' icon can flash over a blank square which stays blank after it is done. Makes me question if the disk block display is even accurate.

4. Lost boot time defrag settings after upgrade

5. Install should go in same location as defrag2 or default to the same directory tree as previous defrag installation only changing the leaf directory to Defrag3.

Note - I never install software in its default location on the c driver.

Enhancement -

6. click on block should display all files which store data on the disk at that location. This would be very helpful when a lot of unmovable blocks appear.

Hi landenlabs ,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Please describe your suggestions 2,3 and 4 more clearly with related screenshots.

Then I can report your suggestions to our product team for consideration.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Wish u all merry christmas and happy new year.:-D

ummmm...let me explain!

I did another test,Auslogics Free and Defrag Beta one fully optimized....

Auslogics finished with 0.0% fragmentation and Defrag Beta finished with 4.8% fragmentation.

Defrag Beta took only 45 seconds,left gaps in the drive everywhere...

....did not leave 7-10 'empty' data blocks at the beginning of the drive for casual browsing and downloading etc.

...could not arrange data blocks continuously at the front of the drive.

...(sigh) I'm putting Defrag 2 Pro back on until a good version of Defrag 3 Final is out.I tried my best,I really did. :cry:

-Cowboy

I left out some stuff....

I set up a new Profile on my comp with only 83 gigs of data three days ago.

....Pehaps I caused Defrag 3 Beta to do some backflips! :mrgreen:

(Aulogics handled it excellently)

Happy Holidays one and all!! :lol:

-Cowboy

Fixed all my error messages tonight:-D

It seems the default display setting of 640X480 caused the error issues. I use a 53" HD TV from this computer, and I need the larger fonts for easy reading. At 50 years old I can't see like I used to, but made some adjustment to my DPI, and resolution to 800x600. Bingo no more errors!

I had the same issue.

I posted a detailed reply but the "you have missing stuff in your profile" message apparently dropped my post. I'm not typing it again.

Using recovery console command prompt to rename Smart Defrag install folder to disable it from running on boot let the computer reboot.

A change I made that may be the cause was expanding the pagefile to another drive.

Update: I re-enabled boot-time defrag for all volumes except the volume with the new pagefile and Windows got stuck on boot again--had to rename SD directory again.

Everything works fine if I disable boot-time defrag.

Will there be an update soon? Is there anything useful I can try? (I'm open to try about anything as it is on a test system and I have 30+ years IT experience.)

Hi chungweileong94 and RoloX2,

Thanks for you continual feedbacks.

For the issue about " Boot Time Defrag", it has been fixed in Smart Defrag 3 beta 2.

Sincerely thanks for your feedbacks to help us improve our products.

And Smart Defrag 3 beta 2 will be released today or tomorrow. :mrgreen: