IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Smart Defrag v5

Cicely

The amount of CPU being used should not be an issue unless you need to work on something else at the same time. (System Idle Process actually maintains 100% usage.)

You may be able to use a task manager like SystemExplorer to set the priority to "Idle" or "Below normal".

Also you could set the priority of (for example) your browser to Above Normal or High.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of CPU being used should not be an issue unless you need to work on something else at the same time. (System Idle Process actually maintains 100% usage.)

System Idle Process means the amount of system resources not being used at that time..........

• Like 1

Thank you!

Beta5 is not yet ready to be a "paid for" item. A few minor bugs.

It seems to recognize a few files as unmovable. Bad Handles.

Something is blocking my ability to upload files to this forum.

http://edwardnc.org/other/SD5/2016-02-26(20-30-54)SD5.html

http://edwardnc.org/other/SD5/2016-02-26(20-30-54)SD5.jpg

http://edwardnc.org/other/SD5/2016-02-27(08-13-44)SD4Pro.html

Suggestion for Report:

Should include SD-version and Defrag-method.

System Idle Process means the amount of system resources not being used at that time..........

Yes, but not exactly; it is a process/thread. . ...not being used at that time........ by any other thread(s).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Idle_Process

SIP can get stuck (rarely) not allowing other processes to have access to the CPU.

Generally resources in use by SIP are available when called upon.

SIP may (not sure) start the screen-saver and/or shut off display.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make. From the link you provided it states quite clearly..."The CPU time attributed to the idle process is therefore indicative of the amount of CPU time that is not needed or wanted by any other threads in the system."....

Which, as I said previously means the amount of system resources not being used at that time......

"The CPU time attributed to the idle process is therefore indicative of the amount of CPU time that is not needed or wanted by any other threads in the system."....

Which, as I said previously means the amount of system resources not being used at that time......]

"not needed by any other thread." ? "not being used."

Doesn't matter... Abandon Tangent...

Hi Edwards,

I think, the word Process in the name of System Idle Process confuses you. There is no process as System Idle.

Open the Task Manager, use the Details tab and click CPU to bring SID to the top, you will see that there is no PID (Process ID) and if you right click on SID, you will see that all the options are greyed out.

SID CPU value is the percentage of time the processor (Your PC's) is idle. (BTW, it will never stall your PC or stuck as it is non-existent! :-))

Cheers.

When the computer is on, the CPU’s running and it must do something – even if that “something” is ...virtual thumb twiddling, but we wouldn’t call that doing anything useful.

And the “System Idle Process” is the software that runs when the computer has absolutely nothing better to do.[/Quote] https://askleo.com/what_is_the_syste...st_of_the_cpu/ Whatever is being used by SIP is available.

When you sleep you have an intermittent SIP called dreaming. TV is a SIP for when you're awake, with nothing better to do.

https://askleo.com/what_is_the_system_idle_process_and_why_is_it_using_most_of_the_cpu/

I apologize to all of you for mentioning SIP. I did not realize I was starting a useless rabbit trail.

I now realize that when a car engine is at idle, none of the spark-plugs are in use.

Of course the Spark Plugs are in use....otherwise the car engine would not idle. The term Idleing for a car means when it is just ticking over. If by idle you mean completely stopped/turned off, then that would be tthe same as completely turning off your PC, and in that case the SIP would not come into play.

I will not even comment on the TV and Sleep analogies.

The SIP as shown in the Task Manager, is an indicator of the resources (CPU) which the system has deemed as not required at present in order to perform your requested tasks and system tasks. Therefor this percentage of the resource (CPU) capacity is idle and is available should you need to perform other tasks.

Hello everyone,

?So I got a Lenovo Y700-17 last week, and its an awesome machine. Came w/ Windows 10 64-Bit & 512 GB SSD. Since these are both first time using, after running SD5 Beta, I had to do some research on SSD. So, let's see if I got this right? You don't Defrag SSD drives, they do something called "Trim"? And I'm being told by SD5 that Boot-Time Defrag isn't done on SSDs?? I tried to research these and get a "non-geeky" understanding of these, but was unsuccessful. So, I can't figure out if SD5 is so fast because it has less maintenance to do on SSD or if the program is not functioning properly? It looks as though it does "something" and does it so fast and its done? Looks like an analyzed but it goes through my 3 partitions and apps so fast, I can't determine exactly what it's done... Can someone give a crash course on this for me???

Thanks in advance...

ACCPresidentLB

Hi ACCPresidentLB,

We have already noticed the issue that Boot time defrag feature will be initialized during the boot, but when it detects your disk is SSD, it will exit the process. And it’s good to extend SSD life. So your SSD will not be defragmented during the boot. Sorry for the confusion caused, we will improve this design in future updates.

Smart Defrag will not defrag your SSD as it may influence the durability of SSD. We have added Trim Technology in Smart Defrag for improve durability and performance of SSD.

Thanks for your understanding.:-)

The SIP as shown in the Task Manager, is an indicator of the resources (CPU) which the system has deemed as not required at present in order to perform your requested tasks and system tasks. Therefor this percentage of the resource (CPU) capacity is available should you need to perform other tasks.

Same Page:-) Abandon Tangent.

Hi.

One feature that was amazing from iolo's System Mechanic, was the "Program Accelerator", it used to work quite good with System Mechanic versions 12 and 14 (it was totally screwed in 15 and 15.5):

Basically this "approach" is to identify a program and all it's dependencies (DLLs, Exes, etc) and align them together, so the program will launch faster.

I don't know why this amazing feature, was left behind in System Mechanic 15 and 15.5, the feature is still there but now it's not working as it used to be.

Maybe Iobit can work a similar approach?

Hi.

One feature that was amazing from iolo's System Mechanic, was the "Program Accelerator", it used to work quite good with System Mechanic versions 12 and 14 (it was totally screwed in 15 and 15.5):

Basically this "approach" is to identify a program and all it's dependencies (DLLs, Exes, etc) and align them together, so the program will launch faster.

I don't know why this amazing feature, was left behind in System Mechanic 15 and 15.5, the feature is still there but now it's not working as it used to be.

Maybe Iobit can work a similar approach?

Hi ektorbarajas,

Thanks for your suggestion and we will convey it to our product team.

Wish you have a good day!|;-)

• Like 1

SD 5 and SD 4 Pro show different scan results

Can they both be correct?

HP15 f233win

Windows 10

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_15641_1457358492802_362[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n215535[/ATTACH]

Hi Edward27821,

We are sorry to tell you that we can’t see the first picture you sent to us.

Could you please send us again?

• Like 1

Suggestions:

Add ability to clean browsers and other stuff, similar as in ASC, for more space released.

Bugs:

Sometimes SD 5 beta 1 can reset settings to defaults, i dunno why.

Questions:

If I select "Large files defrag", it will ignore "Skip files larger ..." setting?

Hi Alexander Kozin,

Thanks for your suggestion.

If you select “Large files defrag", it won’t ignore "Skip files larger ..." setting.

Could you please let us know what settings are reset to defaults?

Look forward to your reply.

Hi Alexander Kozin,

Thanks for your suggestion.

If you select “Large files defrag", it won’t ignore "Skip files larger ..." setting.

Could you please let us know what settings are reset to defaults?

Look forward to your reply.

All settings. It was 2 times, and I dunno what the reason was. But before it, programm got "freezed".

For "Large files defrag", ignoring this option can increase disk preformance, cuz those large files can be in "fast" disk area, and will be better to move them to the end of the disk, to the "slow" area. I read about it. However, you know for sure

Hi.

After using SD 4 PRO for several days, I've noticed the following:

SD doesn't remember the setting for USB Flash drives, for example I've set for one USB drive that SD recognizes it as SSD and activated the checkmark so that SD automatically trim my USB flash, but after removing the media and inserting it again, SD again detects it as HDD and the checkmark is disabled.

I guess SD should remember every removable media setting