IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Add Antivirus Function to Advanced SystemCare?

enoskype

I filled out the form.

No change to ASC though adding an additional version of ASC with an anti-virus feature would be a nice option for users.

However, there are several, lets call them enhancements that I would like to see in IMF. I noted them on the Google docs form.:smile:

Basically there were adding more flexibility to Custom Scans and showing an optional pop-up with what was blocked every time IMF blocks a file, script or what have you.

JMO

Hi,

Totally stupid!

User's confuses with a full-fledged antivirus. Cloud service + up to date database = the right way.

Damned

Czech language (Copy-->Paste to google.translate)

Blbej nápad.

Uživatele bede plést s plnohodnotným antivirem. Cloud služby + aktuální databáze = správná cesta.

Damned

Here was my response and I am unanimous in that:

There are enough AV products in the marketplace as is. Even the good ones are not satisfied with doing what they do best, and are getting into the game of adding functions that only confuse the user and add bloat to what is already a good product.

Having followed IObit since 2007, I would hate to see an already excellent product go down that path. Continue to develop and improve the products which have brought the company user respect and confidence.

A.T.

There are enough AV products in the marketplace as is. Even the good ones are not satisfied with doing what they do best, and are getting into the game of adding functions that only confuse the user and add bloat to what is already a good product.

Having followed IObit since 2007, I would hate to see an already excellent product go down that path. Continue to develop and improve the products which have brought the company user respect and confidence.

A.T.

I Agree Completely!

I hope you all voted.

In case you didn't there are three choices there on the link couched in "would you buy" terminology.

1. Keep ASC as it is

2. Add anti-virus capability to ASC

3. Create a new IObit anti-virus product in addition to keeping ASC like it is.

I voted for the third one. I think it would be great if IObit developed a separate AV program.

Please vote.

Thanks

I like to see it separate! Keep ASC as it is!

I don't think IObit's database for virus is enough to compare with any of those Big AntiVirus companies...

If ASC gets antivirus function, people will start comparing ASC to Antivirus Programs! Then I Believe ASC's ranking will go down...

Cheers.

hi

As it isn't a fully fledged anti-virus program I think that it would be better just to add the definitions to the malware definitions and the fingerprint definitions without any fanfare. This will give us a safer product and will give the programs an even better reputation.

Talking about having anti-virus in the programs will only make people believe that they are fully protected - and I am afraid the truth about the matter will only generate animosity.

Cheers

solbjerg

hi

As it isn't a fully fledged anti-virus program I think that it would be better just to add the definitions to the malware definitions and the fingerprint definitions without any fanfare. This will give us a safer product and will give the programs an even better reputation.

Talking about having anti-virus in the programs will only make people believe that they are fully protected - and I am afraid the truth about the matter will only generate animosity.

Cheers

solbjerg

This all raises the question of what the cloud feature does even more..Iäm not going to reverse engineer it to see, I think like the ASC service it does nothing though.

;69409']I like to see it separate! Keep ASC as it is!

I don't think IObit's database for virus is enough to compare with any of those Big AntiVirus companies...

If ASC gets antivirus function, people will start comparing ASC to Antivirus Programs! Then I Believe ASC's ranking will go down...

Cheers.

I love ASC, IMF and SD but there is no way that I would replace avast! Internet Security with an IObit AV program. Least wise not until the AV community recommends IObit AV program higher than avast! Internet Security.

So if there is no separate IObit AV program or if you are prevented from not installing it with ASC then goodbye to ASC.

Just saying

I can bypass the latest version of malware fighter with a crypter and then go on to steal passwords and load rootkits with only common API, maybe improve that before making more security products..

I really don't get the point of your post.

If you can write a Crypter to bypass the latest version of IMF like you claim above, why not just write it and then sell it to IObit so that they can break down the code and improve IMF.

You get some money and IObit and its IMF users get an improved version of IMF. Sounds like a fair trade to me.8:)

Just saying

I really don't get the point of your post.

If you can write a Crypter to bypass the latest version of IMF like you claim above, why not just write it and then sell it to IObit so that they can break down the code and improve IMF.

You get some money and IObit and its IMF users get an improved version of IMF. Sounds like a fair trade to me.8:)

Just saying

All they'd do is add a signature..It achieves nothing but blocking that specific binary. As for the functionality, they could hook findfirstfile and the service manager calls and block most things. They currently don't which is why if you can get pass their signature engine the system is rooted. They also don't protect against memory resident malware like ones that come in via software exploits..

I rarely comment on security products, cause I realized a long time ago they all just battle over market shares and spend as little as possible on R&D. AppGuard and Sandboxie are the only real productive security products out there IMO, and that's only if you block access to password storage in their configurations..

All they'd do is add a signature..It achieves nothing but blocking that specific binary. As for the functionality, they could hook findfirstfile and the service manager calls and block most things. They currently don't which is why if you can get pass their signature engine the system is rooted. They also don't protect against memory resident malware like ones that come in via software exploits..

I rarely comment on security products, cause I realized a long time ago they all just battle over market shares and spend as little as possible on R&D. AppGuard and Sandboxie are the only real productive security products out there IMO, and that's only if you block access to password storage in their configurations..

You didn't answer my question. All you did was throw out some supposed problems with no link supporting your points.

Your response totally neglected my question of why don't you write and sell them a Crypter if you can write one as you claim?

I don't know enough about the nuts and bolts of anti-malware programs to know whether a Crypter can be written to hide malware from IMF.

As far as the two products you mentioned I have tried using sandboxes. I have always found it not worth the trouble that it is involved to get the apps working in the sandbox the same way as I have them working outside. I don't know anything about Appguard.

ISTM that in reading your posts what you mainly do here is trash IObit's products. I have not read anything constructive from you yet and I keep waiting. It would help your credibility a lot if you could post a link that supports your criticism of whichever IObit product that you are criticizing.

Anyone can go memorize a few technical terms and throw them out like sheet against the wall, hoping that it will annoy people.

I don't know if IObit products are the best, second best or something in the middle or not.

What I do know is that IMO products help me do what I want done on my computers and for the price I want it done. My security software programs rarely find any malware when they scan in an on demand mode. About the only stuff that is found are executables or installers whose file structure does not pass the heuristics test of some of my security scanning programs. Though once in a while a real threat does get through on my W7 SP1 x64 computers but rarely and I am on them 10+ hours a day.

IObit products do the trick for me.:smile:

I have not read anything constructive from you yet and I keep waiting. It would help your credibility a lot if you could post a link that supports your criticism of whichever IObit product that you are criticizing.

I think CaptainRon's comments were meant to be 'Constructive-criticism'.

He's just talking at a different level than most of us can understand. ;-)

Without enough Information about where, how and what?

I doubt even the programmers at IObit would understand, since they are not proficient in English?

As far as I know there is No Translator for that, :-D

so it would be great if more details were given, about the changes that are needed.

You didn't answer my question. All you did was throw out some supposed problems with no link supporting your points.

Your response totally neglected my question of why don't you write and sell them a Crypter if you can write one as you claim?

I don't know enough about the nuts and bolts of anti-malware programs to know whether a Crypter can be written to hide malware from IMF.

As far as the two products you mentioned I have tried using sandboxes. I have always found it not worth the trouble that it is involved to get the apps working in the sandbox the same way as I have them working outside. I don't know anything about Appguard.

ISTM that in reading your posts what you mainly do here is trash IObit's products. I have not read anything constructive from you yet and I keep waiting. It would help your credibility a lot if you could post a link that supports your criticism of whichever IObit product that you are criticizing.

Anyone can go memorize a few technical terms and throw them out like sheet against the wall, hoping that it will annoy people.

I don't know if IObit products are the best, second best or something in the middle or not.

What I do know is that IMO products help me do what I want done on my computers and for the price I want it done. My security software programs rarely find any malware when they scan in an on demand mode. About the only stuff that is found are executables or installers whose file structure does not pass the heuristics test of some of my security scanning programs. Though once in a while a real threat does get through on my W7 SP1 x64 computers but rarely and I am on them 10+ hours a day.

IObit products do the trick for me.:smile:

No offense, but I don't owe you anything, and I'm not a user of the product. In security software attack vectors are everything, I just mentioned the two that detects most malware before they are able to install rootkits. You can actually block all rootkits by detouring service manager and some registry keys..IMF is only a signature scanner and very light HIPS..crypters and memory resident shellcode easily get passed it and other products.

Back on topic

Getting back on topic

I agree with this:

A.T.

All the best, woz of oz

No offense, but I don't owe you anything, and I'm not a user of the product. In security software attack vectors are everything, I just mentioned the two that detects most malware before they are able to install rootkits. You can actually block all rootkits by detouring service manager and some registry keys..IMF is only a signature scanner and very light HIPS..crypters and memory resident shellcode easily get passed it and other products.

nuff said

Have a nice day:smile:

Don't add it.

A sophisticated antivirus program isn't an "addon".

A worthwhile antivirus program should be a seperate program IMO.

I'm not saying IOBIT shouldn't have one, just make it a separate product.

It would be better to combine a antivirus, spam/malware, and firewall into one program than incorporate antivirus into ASC.

Archived