IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please Post Bugs or problems with IObit Security 360 Here

samr

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

option to scan with iobit not available

Windows explorer menu used to have option to scan with iobit, and unlock/delete with iobit. These no longer appear even though they are set to do so in my settings. How do I get them back? Thanks. esmo

Reset of settings

Windows explorer menu used to have option to scan with iobit, and unlock/delete with iobit. These no longer appear even though they are set to do so in my settings. How do I get them back? Thanks. esmo

Welcome to the forum esmo :smile:

The first and easiest thing I would try is a reset of the settings.

• Launch the software

• Un-tick the settings

• Click Apply

• Exit the software

• Launch the software

• Tick the settings

• Click Apply

• Exit the software

This has worked for me numerous times with various software when the settings have suddenly changed for no apparent reason.

I don't know why the settings change, it seems to be random.

Maybe it's just a Windows thing :roll:

Good luck

All the best, woz of oz

First of all, I am running Win XP home SP 3, Although my PC is not freezing at the moment, I too am getting the same security hole that says Dated 12/30/1899 ? Size: 0KB and the rest of the decription is just gibberish and symbols, and when I click to fix it, a download box comes up, but nothing happens, What is going on with that?

Oh, and what's up with not being able to download any of the Beta's from the download links in the forum? I can't even click on them.

~RAGE~

Hi Rage,

I had the same gibberish 0 KB hotfix in my Windows 7, a clean uninstall and re-install (explained in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread) fixed it.

Oh, and what's up with not being able to download any of the Beta's from the download links in the forum? I can't even click on them.

~RAGE~

Please elaborate the quote, which Betas? Which links you can not cklick? Please give the links to those threads so I can reply.

Cheers.

Security Hole Alert would stay but solved

For a couple of days ago, my IO 360 discovered 9 Security Holes upon Health Scanning and loaded down the fixes from MS. After a new Health Check it alerted about 4 Security Holes. BUT it was the the same fixes to it that I´ve already installed. I beleive it was some kind of a glitch in the programme. This was on for some days with the same message upon Health Check. But you guys have apparently solved it now. The programme works fine now :smile:.

Thanks for your effort to make peoples everyday computerlife easier!

360 PRO let me down

Please post any problems or bugs with Security 360 in this thread. It will make it easier to keep track.

Thanks, samr.

I don't know how to post a message so I'm going this route.

I have WinPatrol PLUS installed on my computer. "WinPatrol's Host-based Intrusion Prevention System(HIPS) takes a snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge."

So, when it notified me yesterday that "syscron.exe" was attempting to change something (I can't remember what) I immediately went on another computer and googled "syscron.exe". It certainly appears to be one bad-assed program for sure. I have NO idea why Iobit 360 PRO didn't catch this.

So, I started up MalwareBytes (freebie) and did a quick scan. It was detected at once. It not only quarantined and deleted it, I even had to restart the computer to finish the job.

I certainly have lost any faith I had with 360 after this incident. I honestly think that I will buy MalwareBytes to replace your program. Sorry about this, but that's the way it is. I should also tell you that Iobit360 PRO is 'enabled' in every way possible, from Real Time Protection on.

Bud Lorch

a lot of times when i try to hit the "X" mark to shut it down after doing a "PC Security Analasys" it will freeze up and ill have to either shut it down via task manager, or i can click in and out of it till the box around it appears and i just hit the big red X on that to close it down

not sure if this is happening to others or just me....

x64 contex menu items?

Ok it's been ages now and x64 systems are very common with 7...

It's kind of odd iobit hasn't fixed the context menu integration for 64 bit systems yet. I can live without the "Scan" entry but I really need the "Unlock" feature... Having to install Unlocker ( http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ ) when I Security 360 does the same (more or less) is moronic....

PS: The "Unlock" option should be available for folders too (Security 360 should be able to scan the whole folder and show which files are being used by what processes... Again like Unlocker does).

Hi shravank

Please try a "clean install"

Concept explained step by step in Usage of IObit Products - links in my signature.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have updated to Ver 1.50

I am getting a Security hole message with date as 12/30/1899 Security bulletin ID '| & size 0 KB

I am using win XP SP3 32 bit

Nothing happens when i hit the fix button

Please advise

Thanks

Hi shravank

The important thing about a clean install is to make sure that the program folder gets deleted.

Please follow the steps meticulously in the description of a clean install.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for advising

I uninstalled the program & ran CC Cleaner & installed the program again.

But the problem remains as it is

Please advise next course of action

Thanks

Hi shravank

Thank you for your feedback - nice to know that it works now :-)

Leftovers in the uninstalled program folder (after an over the top install) can sometimes be the cause of strange problems.

Cheers

silbjerg

Thanks for the solution

I used Bit remover & then reinstalled the program

Its working fine now

Thanks for the prompt solution

• 1 month later...

Updated

I am unable to get the hotlinks downloaded. What do I do?

I have the same problem; Three Hotfixes for .NET Framework can´t be downloaded. And the link to read more about the Hotfix doesn´t work either.

This was also discussed in the thread PC security analysis showing 3 security holes

Have you checked for updates for your IObit software ?

If not please do this.

Do you have Windows Update set to Automatic and Install or have you manually checked for Windows updates ?

Please go to Windows Update webpage and either:

• Do an Express scan. If it tells you there are no High Priority updates then you can ignore the IObit Hotfix results until the issue is fixed.

or

• Do a Custom scan and then click Review your update history to see if the updates have already been installed. See the image below.

If the updates have already been installed then you can ignore the IObit Hotfix results until the issue is fixed.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6057&stc=1&d=1286421495

All the best, woz of oz

Handle count increasing bug

Hi,

is360srv chews up thousands of threads in a few hours, and if you look at thread:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=8106

you'll see a screenshot of perfmon showing the handles marching up to over 50,000 in about 9 hours.

Boz

PS, I want to subscribe to this thread to monitor the response to my problem, but I'll get reponses to other people's problems too. I really think it would serve your users better to have a separate forum for bugs.

hi all as i am demonstrating installing and tweaking iobit 360 on a new installed 64bit win7 OS i have a small problem..

that i feel should be posted here under this heading...

it just sits there and is not working?

but mind you it may be something i am doing..installed the newest iobit application.and fully updated,FREE VERSION..

win is fully up to date.installed and set.

thanks in advance..

itsmejjj