IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please Post Bugs or problems with IObit Security 360 Here

samr

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Iobit hijack

My son, who can't post here because iobit 360 360 hijacked his machine and won't allow him to do anything..did a program prompted update to iobit 360, yesterday.

Since then, all his machine is an advertisement for Iobit. The ONLY thing he can bring up is a webpage prompting him to purchase the Pro version.

He can't access Anything else on his computer.

NICE iobit...

Now, how do I go and FIX his machine so he can USE it ???

You should be sued.

Is 360 does not Hijack machines!

If there is a problem with IS360 install than it was either a bad install or not run properly!

Info on proper usage of IS360 contained in the link "Usage of Iobit Products" is located in my signature.

We will be happy to assist in resolving the problem but need more information than you have provided!

Perhaps you could have him use your machine and post exactly how the install was conducted and a complete description of the problem. I have never heard of an instance of 360 completely disabling a machine.

Has he tried task manager "ctrl/alt/del" pressed simultaneously to close the application so he can uninstall it??:idea:

Some screenshots will be very helpful to find out what the problem is?

FYI, in the history of IObit for more than 30 000 000 downloads, nothing such as described happened.

More than 7 months of usage, and immediately asking for a sue against IObit in the first post, interesting. :shock::evil:

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really a bug but a typo: IObit Security 360 has a button called 'Setting' but that should read 'Settings' (because when you hit the button more than one setting can be set).

Likewise the 'Scan Setting'-screen should read 'Scan Settings' plus - on the left - 'General Setting' (should be 'General Settings') and 'Scan Setting'(should be 'Scan Settings').

Really slow

I just downloaded the program and now my computer is slower than ever. I put my computer through all the tests and did all it suggested for security, utilities, etc. but now it's even slower. Is there a quick fix that I need to do?

Hi raledo

Welcome to the forum!

Just to be sure - you are talking about IS360? :-)

To me it sounds more like ASC problems??

Please read the links in my signature

Especially Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section!

Cheers

solbjerg

I just downloaded the program and now my computer is slower than ever. I put my computer through all the tests and did all it suggested for security, utilities, etc. but now it's even slower. Is there a quick fix that I need to do?

Here is a new problem for me with V. 1.41 on XP.

If I run "PC Security Scan", the progress bar goes overabout a third of the way & freezes. It never completes the scan. I have to exit the program to get it to stop.

samr.

Hi samr,

Same happened to me.

I used Win Manager to clear the cookies, and Privacy Sweep, then exiting IS360 and then running it again, the progress bar works now!!!

As an other bug, still even Privacy Sweep does not clean the cookies because of a non-unicode letter in the User Name of the PC. In the mean time Win Manager deletes all the cookies.

Cheers.

IS360v.1.41

I just downloaded IS360v.1.41and I still have the security hole problems that

have been reported ( flash player update&the Internet Explorer 6 update).Also

i have trouble with the PC Security Analysis not giving me the info.The green

progress line moves about one quarter of the way and does not move any farther.

I'm about to give up on IObit and go to something else.Seems like you would

hav all these things sorted out before this program is released

OK guys,

I solved this problem on my PC. When the last version had the bug in Security Holes for the flash player, I had tried to add this to my Ignore list and it would not ignore it, so I just disregarded it. This bug was fixed in this version.

The Flash player problem did not show up in my ignore list, but when I went to the IS360 program files & opened "SH Configuration", the text to ignore the Flash Player Security Hole was there (however, the definition to "look" for it does not exist in this version so -viola! HHHAAANGG!) I just deleted the text for the flash player hole ignore in the SH Config, saved it & now PC security analysis runs like a charm!

samr.

All good here

OK guys,

I solved this problem on my PC. When the last version had the bug in Security Holes for the flash player, I had tried to add this to my Ignore list and it would not ignore it, so I just disregarded it. This bug was fixed in this version.

The Flash player problem did not show up in my ignore list, but when I went to the IS360 program files & opened "SH Configuration", the text to ignore the Flash Player Security Hole was there (however, the definition to "look" for it does not exist in this version so -viola! HHHAAANGG!) I just deleted the text for the flash player hole ignore in the SH Config, saved it & now PC security analysis runs like a charm!

samr.

• I checked for an update with version 1.4.0 and it said there were none.

• I downloaded version 1.4.1 and installed it over the top (no clean install) and everything went well.

• I again checked for an update and there was now a Definitions update which I installed but this did not change the database Definitions # which is still 1321.

• I checked for Security Holes and the Macromedia Flash Player problem (See Here) was not there anymore. Note: I had never tried to put the Macromedia Flash Player problem in the Ignore list, I just disregarded it.

• I ran a Smart Scan and the RTNicProp32.dll False Positive (See Here) was still there, so I will have to wait for Definition update 1322

All is good so far and looking forward to Definitions update 1322 :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

OK guys,

samr.

Had tis problem on a second PC. This fixed it also.

samr.

• 2 weeks later...

IObit 360 Security Holes bug for v. 1.40

Hi Okie,

Welcome, glad to see you here!

I ran into the same problem. Hopefully they will fix the bug soon. In the mean time I guess the best thing to do is do nothing with it until they fix it.

samr.

January 4th, 2010, 08:29

samr

Other Moderator

Security Holes bug for v. 1.40

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found what appears to be a bug in "Security Holes" for IS 360 V. 1.40.

I am running XP SP3. Security holes finds "Security Update for Flash Player (KB923789) 5/13/08 MS06-069". When installing, it tells me that it does not match the version of flash I have. I have tried to add to the ignore list, but it still comes up each scan & does not appear in the ignore list. It also does not show when I check Microsoft Updates.

samr.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#328 January 17th, 2010, 12:12

ladyhawk124

Junior Member Join Date: 04 Jun 2007

Iobit hijack

My son, who can't post here because iobit 360 360 hijacked his machine and won't allow him to do anything..did a program prompted update to iobit 360, yesterday.

Since then, all his machine is an advertisement for Iobit. The ONLY thing he can bring up is a webpage prompting him to purchase the Pro version.

He can't access Anything else on his computer.

NICE iobit...

Now, how do I go and FIX his machine so he can USE it ???

You should be sued.

January 17th, 2010, 12:20

Melvin_Deal

IObit VIP

Is 360 does not Hijack machines!

If there is a problem with IS360 install than it was either a bad install or not run properly!

Info on proper usage of IS360 contained in the link "Usage of Iobit Products" is located in my signature.

We will be happy to assist in resolving the problem but need more information than you have provided!

Perhaps you could have him use your machine and post exactly how the install was conducted and a complete description of the problem. I have never heard of an instance of 360 completely disabling a machine.

Has he tried task manager "ctrl/alt/del" pressed simultaneously to close the application so he can uninstall it??

Last edited by Melvin_Deal : January 17th, 2010 at 12:24.

Hello samr and ladyhawk124 and Melvin_Deal IObit VIP

To samr have exact match to what you have already posted. Which means that IObit 360 has a bug in "Security Holes" for IS 360 V. 1.40. I am also running XP SP3. The following does match exactly what happens on my computer: “Security holes finds "Security Update for Flash Player (KB923789) 5/13/08 MS06-069". When installing, it tells me that it does not match the version of flash I have. I have tried to add to the ignore list, but it still comes up each scan & does not appear in the ignore list. It also does not show when I check Microsoft Updates.”

To ladyhawk124 and Melvin_Deal IObit VIP once IObit 360 or any other program has one or more bugs in it, then there is no assurance that the computer will not freeze up and require you to delete the operating system and all installed applications before you reinstall both the operating system and all installed applications except IObit 360. Having done program development starting from the early day with MSDOS to today it has been quite common to freeze the computer and the only way to recover was to reinstall both the operating system and all installed applications.

Question for Melvin_Deal IObit VIP: When will the bug that is described in samr post of January 4th, 2010, 08:29 be fixed and the corrected version of IObit 360 to available for download ?

Thank you,

King

Version 1.4.1

Welcome to the forum King :smile:

Question for Melvin_Deal IObit VIP: When will the bug that is described in samr post of January 4th, 2010, 08:29 be fixed and the corrected version of IObit 360 to available for download ?

I'm not Melvin_Deal but I would like to ask, did you update to Security 360 1.4.1 that was available here on February 9th, 2010 ? This update fixes the bug.

If you did update and the bug was still there, did you try the 'fix' samr mentioned in post # 339 of this thread ? He later quotes the fix in post # 341 which is the one before your post.

If you go to post # 340 you will see my update went very smooth but I guess that was because I had not previously put the Flash Player 'problem' in the Ignore list.

If the samr fix doesn't work I would suggest you do a Clean Install

If you are unsure how to do a Clean Install go to Usage of IObit Products - Over the top/Clean install

After un-installing the IObit software and deleting the folders I recommend you also use the BitRemover tool that is mentioned in that post to clean up any leftovers.

Then clean the Registry

All the best, woz of oz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi christian14.

Sounds like a bad install. Try a clean install. Completely remove 360, delete the program file manually, then reinstall. Details on how to do this can be found in the "Usage of Iobit Products" thread, linked in my signature.

-Mel:-D

security 360 problem v1.41

when I do pc analysis the scan freezes quarter way through have done new installs but same problem never happened in old version problem in old version was flash player security hole which has now been fixed.

reeann1957

Hi reeann1957,

Did you read the below note in the first post of IObit Security 360 1.41 is available! thread?

enoskype's NOTE: Flash Security hole bug is solved in this version. Delete the old flash security hotfix in Security Holes before running the Check in the new version.

Also, please read the following posts after the first post there.

Cheers.