IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Running βeta software

JustDave

BUT RISKY.

A beta version is a way a company tests its "next utility", but you put your PC at risk by DOING SO, (using trying,any beta program)

So nothing positive about that ,if one is using logic.or ones brain!

DO NOT install ONE UNLESS ONE IS PREPARED TO LOSE A DRIVE AND DATA!

and want to risk the possible loss.

Mr Bean

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

About Beta Softwares...

It is not a IObit product I am going to mention first.It is Mozilla Sunbird which is an excellent calendar program which has been in Beta for YEARS now and it is excellent.So excellent they are not spending anymore dev time on it that I know of. I've used it as my MAIN scheduler for a long time.

I'm Beta testing the new and excellent IObit Malware Fighter 2.0 Beta and it is so good I am expecting it to be a 'Final' very soon.I have mine set on 'paranoid' detection and surprisingly enough have had very few popups warning me of this,that,o the other! Fine job IObit Developers on the new and simply magnificent MF 2.0Beta!! :grin:

-Cowboy

Hi bye and dv8cowboy,

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually, Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2012 Beta 2.1 belongs to IObit. But it is not the latest version. The latest antivirus software for IObit is Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6.0.8 and you can download it from

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Advanced_SystemCare_Ultimate_d7927.html

Quite happy to hear that you love our products. And dv8cowboy, I have seen your suggestions for IObit Malware Fighter, greatly appreciate your time and suggestions.:-D

Now!

Hi bye and dv8cowboy,

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually, Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2012 Beta 2.1 belongs to IObit. But it is not the latest version. The latest antivirus software for IObit is Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6.0.8 and you can download it from

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Advanced_SystemCare_Ultimate_d7927.html

Quite happy to hear that you love our products. And dv8cowboy, I have seen your suggestions for IObit Malware Fighter, greatly appreciate your time and suggestions.:-D

I want IObit Malware Fighter 2 Final RIGHT NOW!! :mrgreen:

....thank you for all you have done for us all sheila! (Aussie speak for woman!) :lol:

-Cowboy

Great!

Hi dv8cowboy,

IObit Malware Fighter 2 final version is on the way. When it is released, we are happy to hear any feedbacks and suggestions from all your guys.

Cheers.:-D

Bless your kind heart lass! MF 2 IS one of the best IObit softwares if I do say so myself! :grin:

-Cowboy

• 1 month later...

Running Beta software

mrahk:

You might want to grab a dictionary and look up the definition of 'BETA'.

In Computer Science (as elsewhere) the word has been adopted, albeit, liberally, to reflect being in a secondary position (read: state) from what will eventually be a new program or version of one.

In other words, the testing period of a structural entity (in this case a multi-faceted program) -- which necessarily requires FEEDBACK for glitches aka ERRORS -- in a BETA state, exists in order to ultimately present an ALPHA program.

While it's no secret my computer knowledge (esp on the tech side!) is just above OFF, ON and click, WORDS do have meanings.

Cordially,

Writer JC

This is absolute bogus.

It's not true that beta versions in general contain errors. Look for example at Foobar2000 (a music program). It's for a long time in beta, and yes, there might be errors but if there are any, they're only minor.

ISD is a program which is from the beginning just not doing what it should do. It is concerned good programming practice that old bugs are solved before new features are added.

In this case the developer appears to completely ignore most error reports or complaints and keeps messing around. I've downloaded the program again and still the same bugs are present. It still won't startup properly and crashes immediately. So now about two weeks after the initial release the developer hasn't done anything to handle the problems and taken into account the rate at which new versions are released (about once every three months) it is reasonable to expect that the problems will not be solved soon.

To test a defragger that does what it should do take a look at: http://www.dirms.com

• 2 months later...

Hi Writer

My conception varies a bit from yours, bear in mind that we are using the computer vocabulary.

Usually the alpha version is the first version, usually for only the programmers to work with.

The beta version is often released to only a select group - but this varies - the purpose is to find out how it works in real life, and new beta versions is often used to test specific problems

This way the company increases the potential testers immensely instead of only just using their own testing personel.

After the bugs have been ironed out the release version is released.

One could call it the gamma version to stay in the Greek alphabet :-)

Or ultimately the Omega version :-)

New updates of the program will follow - sometimes also first as beta versions.

Cheers

solbjerg

mrahk:

You might want to grab a dictionary and look up the definition of 'BETA'.

In Computer Science (as elsewhere) the word has been adopted, albeit, liberally, to reflect being in a secondary position (read: state) from what will eventually be a new program or version of one.

In other words, the testing period of a structural entity (in this case a multi-faceted program) -- which necessarily requires FEEDBACK for glitches aka ERRORS -- in a BETA state, exists in order to ultimately present an ALPHA program.

While it's no secret my computer knowledge (esp on the tech side!) is just above OFF, ON and click, WORDS do have meanings.

Cordially,

Writer JC

Solbjerg/WriterJC

I think you are both perfectly right, as it is a conceptual argument. In WriterJC's case he is working on the premise of 2nd then 1st as would happen in athletics where 2nd placed would be the Beta and 1st placed would be the Alpha (the first).

In Solbergs case he works on the premise of 1st then 2nd such as in trial and error where the first attempt is succeded by the 2nd attempt which is normally an improvement.

Another example would be a wolf pack where the dominant wolf is the Alpha male and the next in the hierarchy would be the Beta male.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...

No issues updating from beta to standard builds, even automatically. I've been running just about every beta on my current watch (245M) and previous (235). Honestly, I run into a minor issue every now and then, but the same applies to "stable" builds. Nothing that has made me decide to roll back to stable.

I just like getting a sneak peak at new features and being an early adopter.