IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for IObit Malware Fighter 3

Cicely

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pleased with IMF 3 beta1. I do have one concern however. IMF 3 routinely pops on my screen at the most inopportune times. So often that it is becoming slightly annoying. This never happened with earlier versions of this app. Is this a feature of this new version or have I inadvertently changed a setting? More importantly can I disable this feature? Otherwise IMF3 Beta has functioned flawlessly. I am very grateful for the USB drive scan. Just for fun I took a stack of flash drives I had sitting around and simply plugged them in. One of my favorites a drive I use often, came up infected with malware. I've been informing friends of this handy feature.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Right next to the "Like" button, add a "Tweet" button, containing the message, "My computer is protected with IObit Malware Fighter. Is your computer secure? IObit.com/malware-fighter.php"

2. On Update button, instead of Latest, put "Last updated: [3] days ago", like you guys have for the Scan button.

3. On every IObit product, provide a link, "Be Safer On the Web" and link to EFF's HTTPS Everywhere, "https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere"

4. Post the sha checksum on the download page. It's not open-source, but it would still be nice to know that it hasn't been altered along the line, from point A to point B.

The software is great. It doesn't hog system resources as 90% of the AV solutions do. It has an interface non-computer users can understand. The features are rich and does not bog you down with unnecessary "report suspicious files" constantly. I don't see a need for the "Action Center" tab, as it does not pertain to the product, but it's easy to ignore. The "protect History" section shows the utilization, which is nice system resource tool. I would like to see % used in the Plugin toolbar. That would let the user know which plugin's can safely be disabled/removed without impacting often used plugins. 5 stars!

Very pleased with IMF 3 beta1. I do have one concern however. IMF 3 routinely pops on my screen at the most inopportune times. So often that it is becoming slightly annoying. This never happened with earlier versions of this app. Is this a feature of this new version or have I inadvertently changed a setting? More importantly can I disable this feature? Otherwise IMF3 Beta has functioned flawlessly. I am very grateful for the USB drive scan. Just for fun I took a stack of flash drives I had sitting around and simply plugged them in. One of my favorites a drive I use often, came up infected with malware. I've been informing friends of this handy feature.

Hi mjsimons9757,

What kind of pop ups you got? Please send us the screenshot of the pop ups so that we can check them clearly and provide accurate solution.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Furthermore, you can change the notifications in Settings.

I downloaded Malaware 3 2 days ago, but now I cannot open the software from anywhere except Start/All programmes/malaware fighter- right click and select "scan with iobit malaware fighter@"

Hi mclea,

Please check your Private Message and download the program to see if the problem is solved.

Hello all,

I have installed and checked IMF V3.0 beta a bit and lokks very good, works fine even with other protection-Software (Kaspersky-Pure and some smaller Special Tools), so I Encounter no Problems at all yet and also the detection rate looks good, as I can check at the moment.

But there is also a little critic to the cloud security function to Analyse file, or tell it a Suggestion: the filesize-limit (with 20 mb) is much to low, to give the user a Chance to send files to you, because the most maleware and of course viruses are hidden in larger files and it is no Problem for the vendors of These maleware to generate larger files by filling the code with zero-Bytes, or using hunks or simular technics.

I also know, that this done to prevent for server-Problems, but here Comes the idea:

You know about virustotal.com I think and they uses over 50 anti-Virus-engines to check files send to the page and they recognize known-files by hashcodes, what prevent also from too much traffic.

So what is, if you work together with them (if not already), generate at first a hashcode on the machine from the Sender, check the site if this file is already scanned there and the scan is actual, then if it is not the case, then you let automaticaly generate a Report from the site and after that Procedere you upload it it to your own cloud for further checks and analysing.

You can also get the result-page to the uploader, so there is a first quickcheck available, that includes also some informations about used resources etc. that can help some People who have more advanced knowledge to get a quick overview to rate the file (I use it often on suspicious files).

That will be the nice sideeffect, that if there are new maleware found, or new technics are used, the detection of that is much quicker for all that fight against maleware and viruses and of course for every user.

Sorry for my bad written english, but it is not my native language, so I´ll hope it is understandable enough.

So I wish all merry Christmas and a happy new year

tomtom33

Hi tomtom33,

Thanks for your great suggestion. I will forward it to our engineers who will study to improve the cloud function.

Merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year to you too and your family.

Probando el IMF 3 beta 1.0, excelente comportamiento, rapidez en el proceso de escaneo, me gustaria mas detalles sobre los las amenazas que haya detectado ya que arroja pocos datos sobre ello y una sandbox integrada seria muy bueno.

Google translation:

IMF 3 beta testing 1.0, excellent performance, quick scanning process, I would like more details about the threats detected because it sheds little information about it and a very good serious integrated sandbox.

I have no idea if this is a false positive or not but a quick scan on IMF3 found this while Avast Free Antivirus did not on a full scan.

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 3.0.0.60

Database Version: 1403

Time Elapsed: 00:03:02

Objects Scanned: 56317

Threats Found: 1

Save Time: 12/24/2014 12:54:37 AM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\WINDOWS\HideWin.exe, 4154951

A full scan revealed this log,Again Avast Free did not find this.

IObit Malware Fighter

Time Elapsed: 00:09:07

Objects Scanned: 60581

Save Time: 12/24/2014 1:09:09 AM

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\System Volume Information\_restore{2BAC2F2A-5F30-4F04-A50B-3749E04903BA}\RP21\A0002133.exe, 4154951

A full scan revealed this log,Again Avast Free did not find this.

IObit Malware Fighter

Time Elapsed: 00:09:07

Objects Scanned: 60581

Save Time: 12/24/2014 1:09:09 AM

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\System Volume Information\_restore{2BAC2F2A-5F30-4F04-A50B-3749E04903BA}\RP21\A0002133.exe, 4154951

Hi dragonhood,

To check whether they are false positives, please provide us with more information below:

1. Upload all the reported file to Virus Total and supply the report links.

2. Zip the file and upload it to Wikisend and give us the download link.

Thank you.

The progress bar indicator for IMF 3 Beta shows progress far higher than actual progress. For example: on my system it reached 99% complete after Elapsed Time of 00:8:25 and 76300 Objects Scanned. It didn't reach 100% until Elapsed Time of 00:15:29 and 92900 Objects Scanned. I've noticed that the same thing happens with Smart Defrag 3.3. The SD program reports 99% complete when it is not much more than half way through the defrag exercise.

The progress bar indicator for IMF 3 Beta shows progress far higher than actual progress. For example: on my system it reached 99% complete after Elapsed Time of 00:8:25 and 76300 Objects Scanned. It didn't reach 100% until Elapsed Time of 00:15:29 and 92900 Objects Scanned. I've noticed that the same thing happens with Smart Defrag 3.3. The SD program reports 99% complete when it is not much more than half way through the defrag exercise.

Hi mrsharr,

Welcome to IObit Forum.

Thanks for letting us know the issue. We are improving the function now.

Have a Merry Christmas. Cheers.

I just downloaded the Malware product and it preformed very well. I look forward to using it and critiquing it on this site.

There is something that happened when I went to down load the Malware. It told me to run a program before downloading the Malware. The program said"EDITORS PICK: Reimage PC Repair - Destroy Malware, Remove Spyware & Repair the damage! [TABLE=class: text_table]

[TR]

[TD]http://cdnrep.reimage.com/website/newwebsite/lp/majorgeeks/mg_728x90.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

scanned my computer and then tried to sell me a software product that did basically what IObit Product I bought was suppose to do. Than I called a number that is supposed to register my two Pro products. When I called the number it went to India were the person on the phone spent well over an hour selling me on a product that would give me a computer repair service for $400.00. This is not the way to sell your products. If I get you to stop ruining your name I will have earned my free Malware product.

Hi sknbutch

Welcome to the forum.

Please supply the details and url of the site you downloaded IMF from. The issue you experienced is not an Iobit issue. This is a third party issue and a mistake by you in running the scan.It is very important to read the screen when you are downloading

any software, as a lot of third parties also promote other products on their sites. You should never activate scans advertised on sites as a huge amount of them are scams.

You should only scan your pc with recognised legitimate programs which you have resident on your machine. It should never be necessary for you to run a scan from a remote location on the net.

So, do not click on any other item on a site other than the specific item which you want to download.

RE: Feedback for IOBit Malware Fighter 3: I am a novice/rookie to computer use relevant to anti-viral, anti-malware etc. -- everything to do with protecting my computer. On the advice of my brother, who is much more computer literate, I downloaded the free Advanced Care System 8 which also included the anti-malware programs, and the IObit Fighter 3. I am trying hard to keep my computer safe and risk free, and so far I like what the programs are showing, but I am very confused by the constant promotion of the suggestion to upgrade to the new Professional one. I can understand need in the future to upgrade in order to keep up with new problems as they arise, however, if I have a good program in place from the beginning, why should I need to upgrade immediately?

This makes me leary of the effectiveness of the program in the first place and initiates the thought that perhaps I would be better off with different ones put out by Norton or MacFee. I also feel that the programming isn't particularly user-friendly, at least to a novice! Without any kind of a tutorial, I find myself somewhat lost in knowing exactly what I should be doing, or what half of the things even mean. Not to mention how time-consuming it is, and still not knowing whether there is full protection or not -- especially when you click on things to fix or improve them, and it takes you directly to having to purchase because apparently your free trial version isn't working well enough! I was under the impression that free trials are to prove to a customer how good the programs are, in the hopes that future upgrades are inevitable because of the good quality of the consumer item being tried. However, if in order to have full protection, I have to upgrade right away, before I've even had the opportunity to check out the program's effectiveness, it simply makes me want to investigate other possibilities. I highly suggest you provide more comprehensive operation of your programming -- make it easy for the uninformed to understand and feel confident in its use -- I know that would make a huge difference to me, and I also believe to a majority of newbie computer users. Thank you.

DJean

Archived