IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Advanced SystemCare 8

itobe

So far it works fine. The only issue is the registry scan with all options enabled got stuck at 84% for a very noticeable length of time.

The regular scan is just a smart scan if you have the deep scan turned on it will dig through the whole registry to find problems. Therefore once you hit the 84% it is starting the deep scan of the registry :)

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found a problem the "Chrome has closed clean chrome now" pop up completely breaks flash player in chrome. I have run the info tool and attached the results. I had to uninstall Chrome restart the pc and reinstall it to get flash working again.

The first impression is the remarkable improvement of the GUI.

As for tools,

StartUp Manager, unseen, notable improvements, the time it takes to start each application is notified with a disappointing N / A

DiskCleaner, still have the option to clear old restore points,

Registry Cleaner, still unable to clean empty keys

New Browser Cleaner, "Offer 1-click technique to clean browsing histories and other privacy issues When browsers closed" I doubt if it's something advantageous if every time we close our browsers not invade a small window asking us something?

As for the other tools there are no major changes, but the graphics

TJB

How to Fix F8 For Safe Mode in Windows 8

With Windows 8, Microsoft updated the standard boot menu policy to include the new Modern UI recovery environment. They also reduced the amount of time Windows waits for an interrupt in the boot sequence to nearly nothing. To get that classic F8 behavior back we need to restore the legacy boot menu policy. To do this, hit the Win + X keyboard combination and launch and elevated command prompt

"command prompt [admin]"

When the command prompt opens, run the following:

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

That’s really all there is to it. Now, when your computer boots up, you can mash the F8 key to view the classic Advanced Boot Options.

If you want to return the boot menu back to normal, you can use this command:

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard

Having been a beta tester for numerous products and for several years a fan of IObit products, the new Advanced System Care 8 is a wonderful improvement over previous versions. My wife who normally makes me run the tools to scan here system finds this one easy to use and I have to agree it runs smoother and faster and has obviously had some much needed tweaks done. Having used FREE and PRO versions in the past this is one I will highly recommend to my parents (ages 90 and 87) who usually have me use TeamViewer to clean up their systems; this one they can fly solo on, it is that easy.

Agree with previous post that the Uninstaller at times freezes up even on this version.

Out of Date driver function is no longer missing updates accomplished.

Tool box is a must for any user though auto shutdown still has a tendency at times to lock up your computer and freeze making user have to do a hot button close then get the usual Windows did not shut down correctly start mode options screens on restart,

Hopefully theywill do away with the so called Ultimate option and if offered simply name one PRO and the larger packer PRO ULTIMATE.

Have found many users (in spite of the IObits chart which clearly shows what each category offers) think that PRO is higher than Ultimate because they see it as PROFESSIONAL grade.

Looking forward to delving deeper into the beta and giving it a thorough run, but thus far, highly impressed with what I am seeing and experiencing.

Hi everyone, let's thank sunny staines for guidance regarding F8 key.

Hi TJB1982, thanks again for your kind suggestions. Regarding the problem you encountered with Chrome cleaning, can you please help us do a little test below?

Please exit Chrome and run Advanced SystemCare 8 Beta 1.0 (do not click Clean Now in the pop up window). Then please perform a scan with only Privacy Sweep and Junk Files Clean ticked, and repair all problems found afterwards.

Please check whether this issue with flash player happens again. If it does happen, please run the tool again to generate a new debug file to send to feedback@iobit.com so that we can look into it further. Thank you.

Please post here is you have any other wonderful ideas or suggestions to ASC 8.

Cheers.

Hi Snuffy and Darryll, welcome to the forum.:-)

Hi Snuffy, please right click on Advanced SystemCare 8 Beta 1.0 desktop shortcut and select Open file location. Then please find a file named bugreport.txt and send it to feedback@iobit.com so that we can look into this bug.

And if this bug happens again, please click "send bug report" button to send us the bug report for checking.

Hi Darryll, thank you for your suggestions. I will forward them to our manager for consideration.

Looking forward to receiving more feedback from our kind users.

Cheers.

I think the turbo boost should be more exciting looking. I mean you are turbo boosting this computer and all you see is an arrow go from right to left. How about a flash of flame or something to jazz it up. Other than that great job, and you should make the skin more brighter. Thank You

Ok so I have done what you asked. I ran ASC with just the "Privacy Sweep and Junk Files Clean " ticked. It did not break flash player. (I ran the info tool anyway and attached the resulting file (IObit_Debug_Info Regular Scan.zip) I renamed it. I than went back into the settings for ASC and re-enabled the browser cleaner. Closed chrome again and click clean now button. It once again broke flash so I ran the info tool a second time and attached those results (IObit_Debug_Info - From Browser Cleaner.zip). I also restarted between each test just to make sure :) Hope this helps

TJB

How to Fix F8 For Safe Mode in Windows 8

With Windows 8, Microsoft updated the standard boot menu policy to include the new Modern UI recovery environment. They also reduced the amount of time Windows waits for an interrupt in the boot sequence to nearly nothing. To get that classic F8 behavior back we need to restore the legacy boot menu policy. To do this, hit the Win + X keyboard combination and launch and elevated command prompt

"command prompt [admin]"

When the command prompt opens, run the following:

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

That’s really all there is to it. Now, when your computer boots up, you can mash the F8 key to view the classic Advanced Boot Options.

If you want to return the boot menu back to normal, you can use this command:

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard

That is correct and I myself have done it that way. However many users are not comfortable doing things like that. I have personally already done that but it would be a nice feature for users with a standard amount of knowledge. That procedure is more of a power user process.

I would also like to recommend that as an alternative having one standard color for the ASC 8 UI that we get a full range color slider so we can make it whatever color/shade suits us best. With transparency would be nice. Also if we could use a picture as the background for the interface if we so desired would be great as well. Many users like to be able to fully customize their PC's and programs. It would be awesome to see ASC 8 offer us that flexibility. If image resolutions would cause a problem could their be a utility to format them to the correct resolution to be compatible with the UI?

I use/am testing IObit Advanced System Care 8 beta 1, DriverBooster 2 Beta 1, and SmartDefrag 3.

I think future versions of products should get rid of the "action center". Allow people to install what they want. The link to other IObit freeware within settings tab (like their already is in ASC) is enough. I find Action Center in ASC annoying as I don't want to install Startmenu8 or MalwareFighter. I use Classic Shell because it offers a classic start menu, which I prefer, and startmenu8 does not offer that. I use Malwarebytes Antimalware and it has saved my computer in the past so am sticking with it. Action center tells me to "fix all problems" but I don't want to. Should not force this upon users. No action center in final version of ASC8 please!

I also think it would be better if SmartDefrag and DriverBooster were included in Advanced SystemCare. Have 1 product for performance and a separate product for protection/security. It can get time consuming running each program separately. People just want a 1 click fix for their computers to speed them up. Installing and running all these programs separately is time consuming. Also having all products installed "litters" the start menu. Like all different IObit programs are scattered in different places in the startmenu - creates unnecessary clutter - would be better if their was a folder called IObit Software that linked to each program.

In ASC8 beta 1, I tried using ActiveOptimize and TurboBoost. I noticed a definite speed up in my PC even without having these settings on. My question is do I need to run ASC on startup so that activeoptimize and turbo boost are activated? I have ASC not to launch with startup as I don't want it to slow my bootup time. Is having activeoptimize and turbo boost on the whole time a good idea? I've already had a definite speed up of my PC even without using these 2 settings.

SmartDefrag 3 prioritize files is very slow. It annoys me - I run it and it takes ages. Finally when it finishes I run it again and expecting the 2nd time to run would be quicker, but takes nearly the same amount of time to finish as the first! Is it trying to move every single file into a better position?? That is unncessary. Even if my computer had 95% optimization level I would be happy. Trying to move every single file is too time consuming for no real performance gain. I expect SmartDefrag 4 will be faster and will only move files it deems necessary for better performance.

I use/am testing IObit Advanced System Care 8 beta 1, DriverBooster 2 Beta 1, and SmartDefrag 3.

I think future versions of products should get rid of the "action center". Allow people to install what they want. The link to other IObit freeware within settings tab (like their already is in ASC) is enough. I find Action Center in ASC annoying as I don't want to install Startmenu8 or MalwareFighter. I use Classic Shell because it offers a classic start menu, which I prefer, and startmenu8 does not offer that. I use Malwarebytes Antimalware and it has saved my computer in the past so am sticking with it. Action center tells me to "fix all problems" but I don't want to. Should not force this upon users. No action center in final version of ASC8 please!

I also think it would be better if SmartDefrag and DriverBooster were included in Advanced SystemCare. Have 1 product for performance and a separate product for protection/security. It can get time consuming running each program separately. People just want a 1 click fix for their computers to speed them up. Installing and running all these programs separately is time consuming. Also having all products installed "litters" the start menu. Like all different IObit programs are scattered in different places in the startmenu - creates unnecessary clutter - would be better if their was a folder called IObit Software that linked to each program.

In ASC8 beta 1, I tried using ActiveOptimize and TurboBoost. I noticed a definite speed up in my PC even without having these settings on. My question is do I need to run ASC on startup so that activeoptimize and turbo boost are activated? I have ASC not to launch with startup as I don't want it to slow my bootup time. Is having activeoptimize and turbo boost on the whole time a good idea? I've already had a definite speed up of my PC even without using these 2 settings.

SmartDefrag 3 prioritize files is very slow. It annoys me - I run it and it takes ages. Finally when it finishes I run it again and expecting the 2nd time to run would be quicker, but takes nearly the same amount of time to finish as the first! Is it trying to move every single file into a better position?? That is unncessary. Even if my computer had 95% optimization level I would be happy. Trying to move every single file is too time consuming for no real performance gain. I expect SmartDefrag 4 will be faster and will only move files it deems necessary for better performance.

As far as the Prioritize files defrag goes the purpose of that defrag is to take your most commonly used programs/games to the beginning of you hard drive so they will load faster. It is not necessary to prioritize every time you run defrag. It is simply meant to give a performance boost for conventional HDDs. I usually only run the prioritize defrag once a week or so and do the regular defrag in between if needed.

the idea with colorscheme and slider is actually really good! =)

To Cicerly/iobit: Yes I know how to fold it "out" to show the cores. We're not talking about the same cores though; I'm talking about 4 cores CPU (i5, i7 or AMD a8/a10) or 2 cores (i3, pentium core2duo etc), each doesn't always have the same load.

What I meant with PMonitor is that when it's folded in "small size" I want and need to see both RAM and CPU at the same time! Like the old one! I do't like to either first click and see % CPU and then fold out the really BIG window (yes it's to big... - I have nice wallpapers i want to see too;)

And also like someone else said too, that acuall usage of ram doesn't have to be in %, if i have 8gb RAM and it uses up 3,75gb for example that is a better way. OR maybe both % and GB?

Like say if you have win 8 and 2gb ram it's in the roof all the time almost, and then i switch to another pc (happens often for me) with maybe 16gb ram then suddenly there is 15-20% and it's just makes me confused if I'm little stressed.

Today I installed asc 8.0 beta on about 40 pc's (with very good results) and the only thing that bugs me is that PM!

nuf said ;)

Regards

I decided to try new ASC and i can say that i'm very suprised .. IDK , there's no heavy feel like on ASC 7 ... And it's using only 15-25 mb of ram ..

Nice UI , CLEAN and super easy to use :-) Good job...

One suggestion : REMOVE ACTION CENTER .. It's useless... There are people who don't want to use IObit Malware fighter , Smart defrag ..... Maybe we have Malwarebytes ? Hitman PRO ? Diskeeper or Perfect disk ... It's a stupid way to advertise your products , not everyone is gonna install all of your products ... And how is that a problem if i don't have IMF , SD 3 or Driver B... ?

Also you removed option to hide action center .. Why ?

Remove Action center ;-)

Cheers :D

New ASC8 looks good .. but the same ASC7 with a new skin, the same mistakes, unnecessary problems in the use of ASC8.

Scan Results - 8 are shown in the same window of the main program drop-down list, the results are not verifiable, such as cleaning. Registry and file system ..then is very stupid and dangerous for my computer. Output that can be found in this ASC8 expand the dialog to full screen, but it does not make sense to just read the results of the scan larger size every time.

Rzowiazaniem, which can be introduced in this beta version is quite old and is based on version 5.6 ... ASC and dokaldniej very clear and readable presentation of the results (below the screen), you can see right away what he found a program that is to remove and may take decisions, as it will further suburban jobs.

Toolbox: Programs section of IObit products by clicking on the list are downloaded and installed on the disk, and appears on the desktop icon, causing a small, disk clutter, why can not I just let them operate without continuous installing them.?

Other programs were only visually Refreshed graphically, so there is nothing to write.

Pros:

thanks for the opportunity to enlarge the window to full screen, the ability to change the background image WORKS earwigs, but it should be more visible, and not so dominated by the appearance of the default program.

Action Center: Software update - update programs on your computer is a good idea, just a pity that (for now) Operiana August is just about IE and Flash and Java.

Screen from ACS 5.6.4 with AV- (from left) is ACS cleaner scan results normal window and full resolution win. to show how presents result scan, next is disc nad registry cleaner, if possible please add it to ASC 8.

http://img227.imagevenue.com/loc220/th_50166_beztytuu_123_220lo.jpghttp://img165.imagevenue.com/loc199/th_50178_beztytuu2_123_199lo.jpghttp://img269.imagevenue.com/loc251/th_50182_beztytuu3_123_251lo.jpghttp://img247.imagevenue.com/loc466/th_50184_beztytuu4_123_466lo.jpg

Hi,

I have just downloaded v8.0 beta1 of ASC, and the first thing that struck me, was we have regained the ability to maximize the program

window, a very positive step that gives back the choice to the user full marks.

However, I realised at the same time, a lot of this extra space is being taken up by the layout of the program.

With this in mind, I would like to put the following suggestions forward.

1. Could you please consider putting the different options for cleaning and optimisation, on a sub menu under CARE, in the form of separate

tabs, wide enough so that the scan results for each one can appear next to them, that would immediately release most of the space in the

centre of the window, the SCAN BUTTON, could be placed in a similar position as the button in Uninstaller, that would release the rest of the

space.

Then, instead of another window appearing when the scan is being done, the scan button changes to the circular progress bar, then for the

results, and finally when doing the fixing, in effect doing all the jobs.

Then at the end of the scan, you would click on which ever tab has results showing, these would then appear in the centre of the window,

utilising the whole area, this would then allow for a much clearer picture from the results, also allowing the user to arrive at a more informed

decision, on what to do based on those results.

This could be especially helpful and important, when displaying the results from the registry.

2. When results are displayed and they create more than one column, could you please consider having auto column width adjustment.

3. Finally, could you please consider adding the ability, when the user has chosen to maximise the window of ASC, for the last window

position to be saved, this would remove the need to request this each time.

I realise my first suggestion, would mean a radical change to the layout of ASC, and I don't hold out a lot of hope, but I think all that extra

space gained from the return of the maximize button, would be better utilised for the benefit of the results obtained, rather than for the

means of obtaining those results.

Thanks.

Hi CaptainSpaz, please move your cursor to the icon of Performance Monitor, you will read CPU usage and RAM usage both there.

Another thing is I don't like the new performance monitor. I used to use the old one to monitor my CPU usage during PC gaming, but this new one keeps hiding the CPU usage and only highlights the RAM usage, which I don't need, in the part that does remain visible.

Hi everyone, let's thank sunny staines for starting this thread to share the good news of Advanced SystemCare 8 Beta 1.0 releasing.

I have wrote down all your feedback and will report them to our manager for consideration. Thank you all for your help.

And if you have any other feedback or suggestions, please post your reply in this thread.

Cheers.

Hi everyone, let's thank norton737 for starting this thread to share the good news of Advanced SystemCare 8 Beta 1.0 releasing.

I have wrote down all your feedback and will report them to our manager for consideration. Thank you all for your help.

And if you have any other feedback or suggestions, please post your reply in this thread.

Cheers.

Hi TJB1982, sorry for all the inconvenience. Have you got your flash player working again?

an you please help us do another test? Please go to Settings and click Browser Cleaner, then please tick the option "Use the same settings in Privacy Sweep", click Apply and OK.

Then please run Chrome as usual and exit it. Please click Clean Now to see whether flash player gets broken again.

If it does, please take screenshots showing error message of flash broken to send to us for checking.

Guide for taking a screenshot: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm

Thanks a million.

Ok so I have done what you asked. I ran ASC with just the "Privacy Sweep and Junk Files Clean " ticked. It did not break flash player. (I ran the info tool anyway and attached the resulting file (IObit_Debug_Info Regular Scan.zip) I renamed it. I than went back into the settings for ASC and re-enabled the browser cleaner. Closed chrome again and click clean now button. It once again broke flash so I ran the info tool a second time and attached those results (IObit_Debug_Info - From Browser Cleaner.zip). I also restarted between each test just to make sure :) Hope this helps

I've sent feedback every single year (with this username and my old one) and never won a licence, so I won't be submitting any more. Good luck with the product.

Hi michaelmknight, thank you very much for your support to IObit. Your effort is very much appreciated.

Please check your PM, there might be a big surprise for you. ;-)