IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Update Driver Booster to v2.4 & Get the Latest News

Cicely

Yes, thx I've talked to him n sent him two more info files too look up.

Iobit helps me - I help Iobit when I can :razz:

Driver booster needs to be really good, It's the first good driver update program I've tested.

Been using ASC since 2010 and that program actually "changed" my life a whole lot so I believe you can do it with DB too and With some help ofcourse :lol::grin:

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Max Martin

My colleague has replied your email about the nvidia PhysX question as below. Please check :)

PhysX can be install on the system which uses other graphics cards.

Some games which support PhysX will install PhysX by default, no matter the system uses NVidIA graphics card or AMD graphics card.

Know more from http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/physx/faq

Which graphics cards can accelerate NVIDIA PhysX?

Can I run NVIDIA PhysX on my motherboard GPU?

Does PhysX scale across the GPU and CPU? If yes, does that mean having a faster CPU enhances PhysX performance or visual quality?

As for the driver update which caused bluescreen, we will remove it from our database soon.

Thanks a lot for helping us improve Driver Booster :)

Sorting, Whitelist, and Feedback

1- Driver list is random. Can we make it sortable, perhaps by date installed, device name?

2- One driver I wanted to add to the Ignore or Whitelist, but it doesn't show up at all in my driver list.

3- In-app feedback doesn't work. (see screenie)

SS.1406664382.jpg

@bnjroo

Thanks for your wonderful feedback :)

1- Driver list is random. Can we make it sortable, perhaps by date installed, device name?

----------

I have forwarded it to our product team for consideration.

2- One driver I wanted to add to the Ignore or Whitelist, but it doesn't show up at all in my driver list.

--------

Please tell us what the driver is.

3- In-app feedback doesn't work. (see screenie)

------

Please email us or post feedback here. Thank you :)

So far everything works PERFECT! The new interface is very

nice, it's so comfortable to use.

Today geforce experience told me to update my driver to the

newest version, which was released today. Before updating I

checked if DriverBooster also has that new driver but I think it

isn't in your database yet, so you might want to add it ^^.

I would also love to have a mobile version of DB for my usb stick

so if any of my friends cant find a driver I could simply plug in

my stick and use DB to find it.

--------

•Synaptics Touchpad

4- ASC7 Pro picked up the DB2 setup file as a trojan

Likes, Dislikes and errors(?) in Beta

I had a chance to play with the new Beta v2 today.

VERY nice overall! The faster scan speed is great, along with having the up-to-date drivers separated makes working with the program more streamlined. Cool!

A few things that I do NOT like I'll mention here:

1) On the main screen, if the "<< Back" button is pressed, the program goes back to the Scan screen. I think the button should be marked "Scan again" instead of "Back".

2) When going "back" to the Scan screen, there is NO way to leave it without doing a Scan. This is annoying. Could you please put a "Home" or "Main" button if a scan has already been done?

3) The backup and restore features have been combined to one selection marked "Rescue". I think this is a BAD choice. I like 1.4 layout MUCH better - where there are SEPARATE features marked "Backup" and "Restore". This is much easier to follow than digging around for the backup function in "Rescue".

4) Why is it that only a FEW of the drivers show in the Backup screen? I would like to be able to backup ALL of the installed drivers.

Also I was NOT able to backup 3 of the drivers listed. :(

5) There were two errors(?) that showed up in the update details for me. (These errors happened in the 1.4 version as well....)

an update for my HD Audio driver said it was going to be 'updated' from 6.1.7600.16385 TO 6.0.1.6650

also my ATI I/O Comm. Processor SMBus Controller said it was going to be 'updated' from

6.1.7601.17514 TO 5.12.0.15

In both cases the DATE for the updates was newer than the reported installed driver - BUT the version numbers were lower. This makes me a little nervous....

Sorry, but I can NOT give "two thumbs up" for Driver Booster yet....

--------

•Synaptics Touchpad

4- ASC7 Pro picked up the DB2 setup file as a trojan

Advanced System Care Ultimate 7 detect Driver Booster v2 beta download file like threat but according to tests Driver Booster file is safe.

Kailasa

Hi Kailasa,

Couple of points,

6.1.76XX drivers are generic MS drivers and i suspect are Vista editions and have not been updated by OEM's.(you'll still find them on W8!!!).

Getting out of back/scan is the standard X top right.

Roy

Advanced System Care Ultimate 7 detect Driver Booster v2 beta download file like threat but according to tests Driver Booster file is safe.

:) not doubting safety of the download, already installed and using DB2β, but found odd that ASC7 flagged it. ASC7 flagged nothing else.

(This is OT, but is "C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7\ascscan.exe %FILENAME%" the proper auto-scan-after-download path/parameter to use in download accelerator plus?)

Hello everyone. New version works faster, good job. Some notes:

As Kailasa108 said, there is no way to re-check the scan results after pressing Back, without rescanning. That should be fixed, previous version was smarter on this.

My "Driver performance" is marked as "Bad", solely based on "Game Drivers". Device drivers are ok. What's more, these reportedly outdated drivers are not even installed in my system (reported "N/A"). In a way, DB2 is pushing me to install unneeded/unwanted software.

I suggest you make the "Game Driver" scan optional, and disconnect it from the overall performance results.

A minor issue with the Microsoft DirectX Runtime. At first, version 6.x was detected and 9.29.952.311 reported available. The update failed. After that failed installation, 9.18.904.15 was reported as installed and the subsequent update to 9.29.952.311 worked.

Edited by TheChecker

I like very much that in Driver Booster v2 beta can resize (enlarge, reduce, hide) dimension of main window.

At the bottom, I think it is necessary to be added information about Database, Cloud Connection, or version of Database and Supporting Devices.

In Settings, if I click on Recommended the Launch Automatically At Windows Start-up become unmarked, this means that by default Driver Booster v2 does not start automatic at windows start-up. This thing maybe will be changed.

I liked TheChecker's suggestion of making Game Drivers an optional scan, with the results separate from the main scan.

Also, I ran DB Beta 1.0 on a XP Pro machine that I am missing some drivers for.

DB Beta reported TWO of the devices with missing drivers as "UpToDate" with no driver information showing!!!

I would prefer if the program had a THIRD TAB for devices without drivers called "MISSING" or something like that,

to separate that priority from outdated drivers, with maybe this ability to look for "uninstalled devices" a separate scan in the Pro version....

In response to scrd01's comment(?) to simply "X" out of being stuck on the scan screen -

that would be fine by me if BD was freeware or some little 1-step executable, but NOT for a program like BD!

I would prefer if the program had a THIRD TAB for devices without drivers called "MISSING" or something like that,

to separate that priority from outdated drivers, with maybe this ability to look for "uninstalled devices" a separate scan in the Pro version....

MMmm, I think a third tab for whitelisted/unmonitored/missing/not-in-database device drivers would be nice.

@Kailasa108

Thanks for testing the beta for us. As for your feedback,

1) 2) 3)

-------

I have forwarded it to our product team for consideration.

4) Why is it that only a FEW of the drivers show in the Backup screen? I would like to be able to backup ALL of the installed drivers.

Also I was NOT able to backup 3 of the drivers listed. :(

--------

Please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop� >> find db_info_xxxx.zipon your desktop >> send us the zip file. We will check it.

5) There were two errors(?) that showed up in the update details for me. (These errors happened in the 1.4 version as well....)

an update for my HD Audio driver said it was going to be 'updated' from 6.1.7600.16385 TO 6.0.1.6650

--------- We check the release date first then the version. The version number is just a code and sometimes the code is wrong, e.g. the version number may be smaller after you update a driver.

Thank you :)

Can you check PhysX driver. DB said there was a newer one and the version it said was 9.13.725.0. I had version 9.13.1220 installed and when I tried to update with the newer version DB said and after I chen when the update was done it stayed with the version I had installed . So can you check to see what version is the newest and fix it. Thanks.

Can you check PhysX driver. DB said there was a newer one and the version it said was 9.13.725.0. I had version 9.13.1220 installed and when I tried to update with the newer version DB said and after I chen when the update was done it stayed with the version I had installed . So can you check to see what version is the newest and fix it. Thanks.

The newest version of PhysX driver is 9.13.12220.

Just tried it out on one of my sisters netbook, all drivers sucessfully updated and installed smoothly except there was one problem which I already reported via email.

The only thing that really comes to my mind with the beta is that you made the GUI bigger for some reason. I liked it when it was small since it felt simpler and didn't waste excess space in my opinion.

Features you can include could a hardware diagnostics tool [for pro users] that can switch from showing simple information of your computers specs like CPU and Graphics to more advanced info on the main GUI.

Or how about a feature like it can scan for firmware updates as well for the hard drives, connected routers, etc. [again for pro users with warnings not reccomending adding this option to scan unless you really know what you are doing].

Then again, if your planning to keep driver booster simple then there would be no need anymore features other than improve scanning engine, and backup & restore tools for drivers.

Sincerely,

LastOffender

@TheChecker

Thanks for testing the Beta for us.

there is no way to re-check the scan results after pressing Back, without rescanning.

Yes, our product team is considering this suggestion :)

I suggest you make the "Game Driver" scan optional, and disconnect it from the overall performance results.

Also forwarded.

As for the minor issue, please send us the log.zip and we will check it for you:

Download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop� >> find db_info_xxxx.zipon your desktop >> send us the zip file.

Thank you again :)

@Octavian

In Settings, if I click on Recommended the Launch Automatically At Windows Start-up become unmarked, this means that by default Driver Booster v2 does not start automatic at windows start-up. This thing maybe will be changed.

To avoid disturbing users, we don't make the "Launch Automatically At Windows Start-up" setting as default. We will make some change according to users' feedback :)

Thank you so much.