IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Update Driver Booster to v2.4 & Get the Latest News

Cicely

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Octavian

To avoid disturbing users, we don't make the "Launch Automatically At Windows Start-up" setting as default. We will make some change according to users' feedback :)

Thank you so much.

If Driver Booster 2 do not Launch Automatically At Windows Start-up, Schedule Scan (Ex: Weekly Scan) is affected or not?

@LastOffender

Nice review for the DB 2 Beta 1.0. Thank you so much.

I have forwarded your suggestions:

Features you can include could a hardware diagnostics tool [for pro users] that can switch from showing simple information of your computers specs like CPU and Graphics to more advanced info on the main GUI.

Or how about a feature like it can scan for firmware updates as well for the hard drives, connected routers, etc. [again for pro users with warnings not reccomending adding this option to scan unless you really know what you are doing].

And we will make balance between "keeping it simple" and "making it more useful".

Thank you again for helping us improve Driver Booster :)

@parkd1

Please help us look into it as below:

1. Download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

2. Double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktopâ€�. So you will get zipped file db_info_xxxx.zipon your desktop.

3. Send us the zip file.

Thank you so much:)

Here is the file you wanted.

[ATTACH]temp_13861_1407248783288_979[/ATTACH]

I downloaded this, and it updated 28 drivers. On the first reboot, it had changed my resolution to a low default level, and then installed new graphic drivers and fixed that. However, I was unable to get my Logitech G930 Headset to be recognized and had to do a rollback in order for it to work properly.

There should be more options as to where you get your drivers

1. Direct from the manufacturer of the PC (HP, Gateway, Acer, etc)

2. Direct from the component manufacturer. (AMD, Intel, Nvidia, etc)

Some OEM systems cannot support Mainstream drivers from the manufacturer and some can. The user should have the option to how they want their drivers updated. OEM Drivers are often prone to be outdated. By the time HP for example gets an updated driver from AMD, AMD has released 2 or 3 more versions by than.

This suggestion would work best if you were able to select that option individually per device.

Edited by TJB1982

Today I tested it on old (2007) machine with XP 32 bit and it only found physX and openAl. When i installed old 1.4 it found 14 drivers outdated... hmm.. I didn't have time to do a logfile, sorry. But Smbus, chipset, usb drivers was very nice to have on this since MSI stopped with updates in 2008-2009 to this motherboard.

I agree on OEM Drivers, also remember that when in doubt, DELETE any possible driver you feel is (CRAP), then Reboot and let M$ install the Generic Driver. It is almost 99% a cure.

and as Intel told me, they do not support all there CRAP, due to Manufactures ( 99%) of the time modify the drivers to suit their need....

Acer, HP, Dell & Toshiba are prone for this, and of course any secondary name the Manufacture Sell. I had one that sent me to EMachine site to get a Driver. ???? & I have found also that DELL Drivers can fix many mnay other Manufacture Systems.(Nothing is 100%)

I also noticed that Driver Booster does not look for or download the "legacy" physx software. Some older games (Alice Madness Returns) need Legacy Physx software. It can also help the performance of newer software that utilizes physx as well :). The newer games designed with Physx do not state the need for legacy but as a gamer I have noticed the benefits of having both installed.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.13.0604-legacy-driver.html

I'll say it again that having updated Intels .info, management engine, Rapid storage etc (Ahci drivers) are GOLD! Super if you can get it to work with as many brands as possible like HP, Acer, Dell and Mb makers like Asrock, gigabyte, asus etc

Only me who finds Intels download page a bit tricky and not always working? When you're dealing with a older MB whatever brand and they're made for say vista or xp then they rarely support it any longer then win7 then it stops... I had serious problems (the other way around instead) with a HP laptop (g6-2220sc) that came with win8 and my gf really hated it and wanted me to downgrade to win7 and i did but could find any drivers so slow was the name of that and unstable (thanks HP!) till I ran into Driver booster 1.4 ;)

Sorry have totally uninstalled complete Beta1 and uninstaller 4. tested on 3 different computer, and 100% failure. can not send any feedback from any of the 3, i have to manually login to send, today, it started need to double click any link two time, to get - uninstall Beta 1 all parts reboot and instantly back to 1click any link and Im gone to it, install iob 8 beta and instantly back to 2 click.

so have totally uninstalled all part of 8 beta and uninstaller 4. thanks for allow me to test. Windows 8.1 all updates including Aug ony use FF and IE. im not sure I have been any help.

but Thanks for allowing me to test...