IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Update Driver Booster to v2.4 & Get the Latest News

Cicely

This is a little positive and a little negative. I like (love?) the fact that it picked up more outdated drivers than the original version and the one-click updating for all is great. It's very easy to use and understand. However...I would also like to see a restore point generated for each driver instead of just one blanket restore point. I've spent the last two days going back and forth, creating restore points for each update because there was one that was causing my computer to lock up and not restart (it would freeze up on the windows startup screen). I have not read through all 10 pages of comments so I have no idea if this is happening to anyone else or not...when I first open DB2 and start scanning, it will get to 98-99% done then just completely close out on its own. That was another reason it's taken me so long to update my drivers....because I'm having to continuously reopen and rescan the drivers. Other than that one really minor thing and the other kind of big thing, I'm liking the new version so far!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My HP Mini laptop running on Windows 7 Home Premium says Driver Booster has stopped working and i tested the compatibility of Driver Booster 2 Beta 2 and it said not compatible with Windows 7! Also it says the Driver Booster server could not be reached and to check my connection and my connection is just fine!

Please fix this before the public release!!!!

Please add High DPI support, the program and text is literally ant size in 4k resolution. I have attached screenshots

I'm also getting a compatibility error under Windows Technical Preview Build 9841, and have confirmed that it isn't running in compatibility mode in the programs compatibility page.

So the program needs to recognise Windows 10 to avoid it thinking it's in compatibility mode.

Lastly the submitting feedback in the program doesn't work, it just says connecting timeout and redirects to here.

Debug file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnpoueofmx...41005.zip?dl=0

Regards =)

Dropbox - Driver Booster V2

hi all

stable , quicker, no error on daily usage

a good product i recommend

Regards

Thierry (France)

Windows 8.1 64 Bit pro

MB ASUS Rampage II extreme

I7-950 3.07 Ghz OC 3.87 Ghz

Ventirad Noctua 2 Fan

12 Gb Memory

Windows on SSD 128Go

Raid 3 Intel SSD 80Gb for Prepar3D Flight Simu

Nvidia 660 TI 2 Gb

A suggestion... a fix

I was using Driver Booster 2 beta and the software work fine until I decided to send a feedback. I took the time to write out my feedback and send .... I get a connection timeout message and redirected to the forums site....Not good.

The avg. customer, who tries or buys this product will not even attempt a feedback if getting redirected. And as you know, feedbacks are important, even if its (I love it) message.

Since, the program already has a built-in feedback...there should be no connection time out or redirecting to forums site.

Other then the above item, Driver Booster 2 beta has done excellent for myself. All should be commended for their work.

Thank You.

Thank you Javcup.

I have forwarded your good suggestion to our product team :)

This is a little positive and a little negative. I like (love?) the fact that it picked up more outdated drivers than the original version and the one-click updating for all is great. It's very easy to use and understand. However...I would also like to see a restore point generated for each driver instead of just one blanket restore point. I've spent the last two days going back and forth, creating restore points for each update because there was one that was causing my computer to lock up and not restart (it would freeze up on the windows startup screen). I have not read through all 10 pages of comments so I have no idea if this is happening to anyone else or not...when I first open DB2 and start scanning, it will get to 98-99% done then just completely close out on its own. That was another reason it's taken me so long to update my drivers....because I'm having to continuously reopen and rescan the drivers. Other than that one really minor thing and the other kind of big thing, I'm liking the new version so far!

Hi sapphireturtle,

Creating a restore point for each driver update will consume much more hard disk space. And the previous points will be automatically removed if there are lots of. You can just use the Roll Back feature once wrong driver updated.

Thank you :)

My HP Mini laptop running on Windows 7 Home Premium says Driver Booster has stopped working and i tested the compatibility of Driver Booster 2 Beta 2 and it said not compatible with Windows 7! Also it says the Driver Booster server could not be reached and to check my connection and my connection is just fine!

Please fix this before the public release!!!!

Hi wlm9700,

Please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop� >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com

Thank you.

Please add High DPI support, the program and text is literally ant size in 4k resolution. I have attached screenshots

I'm also getting a compatibility error under Windows Technical Preview Build 9841, and have confirmed that it isn't running in compatibility mode in the programs compatibility page.

So the program needs to recognise Windows 10 to avoid it thinking it's in compatibility mode.

Lastly the submitting feedback in the program doesn't work, it just says connecting timeout and redirects to here.

Debug file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnpoueofmx...41005.zip?dl=0

Regards =)

Hi bboi1_94,

We are gonna release the final version 2 soon and it will support Windows 10. Thank you.

Hi Cicely,

Please take out Adobe Flash Player plug-in from database for Windows 8.1, as you know it is only updated for the correct version through Windows Update for Windows 8.1.

Cheers.

Dear Enis,

Flash plug-in is used on Firefox, etc. browsers, which need to update separately. Flash ActiveX is used on IE. After Windows 8, Flash ActiveX is integrated to IE directly. So Flash ActiveX is updated via Windows Update. Currently, Driver Booster doesn't update Flash ActiveX for Windows 8 and its later version.

Cheers.

Dear Enis,

Flash plug-in is used on Firefox, etc. browsers, which need to update separately. Flash ActiveX is used on IE. After Windows 8, Flash ActiveX is integrated to IE directly. So Flash ActiveX is updated via Windows Update. Currently, Driver Booster doesn't update Flash ActiveX for Windows 8 and its later version.

Cheers.

Hi Cicely,

I think I have not explained what I mean in details.

What I mean is that, even if you are not using any other browser other than IE11, Driver Booster suggests an update for a non-existant browser plugin, ie. Flash Player plug-in for other browsers.

I don't see any reason to install Adobe Flash Player Plug-in -NPAPI (Firefox, Netscape) or PPAPI (Opera, Chromium)- for other browsers if there is no any other browser.

We are talking of a Professional Driver Booster (updater). ie Driver Booster v2 Pro.

On the other hand, Driver Booster v2's offer is 15.0.0.189 (which is a beta) and the latest available is 15.0.0.207.

I also do not know which one Driver Booster is offering. NPAPI or PPAPI ? (see http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html as of today.)

Cheers.

Hi? I'm new to this forum but i want to contribute, recently i encounter a comment about driver booster program it might help the team. Its about the new release DRIVER BOOSTER v2 and I quote:

"Not only that, the logic of this program sucks. I went to the Intel web site to download the latest drivers for the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver and installed it. Mind you, these are the latest drivers from the Intel web site dated 9/2/2014. Driver Booster says that the driver is dated 3/13/2014 and that the driver they suggest is from 5/9/2014 even though I installed the latest drivers dated 9/2/2014."

By the way I use Driver Booster for a year now and the problem I always encounter is about the update of the new and latest driver for the most graphic processor is always a problem. its not giving the right latest update. I hope the team will fix this, and also if possible may i suggest a feature where the program can automatically tell you if really needed to update a particular driver or not. For example if the software detected some error regarding the driver then it will automatically tells you to recommend an update, likewise even if the driver is outdated and it detected that its not causing a problem then a user will then be given an option to update or not. . . i hope this will help the Team in the future Build cause this is mostly the problem of several of my client .

COMMENTS ON NEW DRIVER BOOSTER PRO 2

iOBIT, pls take this seriously

The interface of Driver Booster Pro v1 was better. Even if the driver booster server could not be reached, I was able to go to the list of outdated drivers, and find the drivers myself online by going to the mobo, GFX, intel, usb, etc drivers.

On this second version, I'm stuck at the home screen with no way of getting thru the list of drivers that needs to be updated.

You also need buttons on the home page that says backup drivers, and restore drivers, instead of going thru several tedious tasls to find them. Driver booster 1's interface was better to use.

BTW, i have purchased multiple licenses of Driver booster Pro -- and many many IOBIT PRODUCTS for A LOT of computers in the office, so PLS TAKE MY SUGGESTIONS SERIOUSLY.

I am actually uninstalling version 2 now, and reverting to the last known variant of version 1 (which i have downloaded), because the USER INTERFACE FOR V2 perhaps looks better, but is harder to use.

Finally, Dirver booster server is so hard to reach, compared to when I was using version 1.

• Like 1

Jigger2222 has made some valid points, I know from experience that sometimes the latest video drivers are not always the best option, and a manual option to browse the driver web site was a good idea for those of us that need older drives. But all in all it is a good piece of software with a much improved database..

Dear Enis,

Cheers.

Hi Cicely,

I think I have not explained what I mean in details.

What I mean is that, even if you are not using any other browser other than IE11, Driver Booster suggests an update for a non-existant browser plugin, ie. Flash Player plug-in for other browsers.

I don't see any reason to install Adobe Flash Player Plug-in -NPAPI (Firefox, Netscape) or PPAPI (Opera, Chromium)- for other browsers if there is no any other browser.

We are talking of a Professional Driver Booster (updater). ie Driver Booster v2 Pro.

On the other hand, Driver Booster v2's offer is 15.0.0.189 (which is a beta) and the latest available is 15.0.0.207.

I also do not know which one Driver Booster is offering. NPAPI or PPAPI ? (see http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html as of today.)

Cheers.

Thank you Enis. I have forwarded your opinion to our product team and you will see it fixed today or tomorrow:)

EDIT:

Thank you Cicely. enoskype

COMMENTS ON NEW DRIVER BOOSTER PRO 2

iOBIT, pls take this seriously

The interface of Driver Booster Pro v1 was better. Even if the driver booster server could not be reached, I was able to go to the list of outdated drivers, and find the drivers myself online by going to the mobo, GFX, intel, usb, etc drivers.

On this second version, I'm stuck at the home screen with no way of getting thru the list of drivers that needs to be updated.

You also need buttons on the home page that says backup drivers, and restore drivers, instead of going thru several tedious tasls to find them. Driver booster 1's interface was better to use.

BTW, i have purchased multiple licenses of Driver booster Pro -- and many many IOBIT PRODUCTS for A LOT of computers in the office, so PLS TAKE MY SUGGESTIONS SERIOUSLY.

I am actually uninstalling version 2 now, and reverting to the last known variant of version 1 (which i have downloaded), because the USER INTERFACE FOR V2 perhaps looks better, but is harder to use.

Finally, Dirver booster server is so hard to reach, compared to when I was using version 1.

Hi jigger2222,

"I'm stuck at the home screen with no way of getting thru the list of drivers" This is not a design but a problem. You also sent email to dbfeedback@iobit and my colleage replied you. We will look into this problem soon after you send us the information. Thanks a lot.

Jigger2222 has made some valid points, I know from experience that sometimes the latest video drivers are not always the best option, and a manual option to browse the driver web site was a good idea for those of us that need older drives. But all in all it is a good piece of software with a much improved database..

Thank you for your post. If there is any problem with the latest driver version, please feel free to email dbfeedback@iobit. If it is wrong version, we will correct or even remove it from our database which will also help other users.

Hi? I'm new to this forum but i want to contribute, recently i encounter a comment about driver booster program it might help the team. Its about the new release DRIVER BOOSTER v2 and I quote:

"Not only that, the logic of this program sucks. I went to the Intel web site to download the latest drivers for the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver and installed it. Mind you, these are the latest drivers from the Intel web site dated 9/2/2014. Driver Booster says that the driver is dated 3/13/2014 and that the driver they suggest is from 5/9/2014 even though I installed the latest drivers dated 9/2/2014."

Thank you Negh. Could you please send us the link of the quoted comment? See if we can contact this user to look into this problem :)

By the way I use Driver Booster for a year now and the problem I always encounter is about the update of the new and latest driver for the most graphic processor is always a problem. its not giving the right latest update. I hope the team will fix this, and also if possible may i suggest a feature where the program can automatically tell you if really needed to update a particular driver or not. For example if the software detected some error regarding the driver then it will automatically tells you to recommend an update, likewise even if the driver is outdated and it detected that its not causing a problem then a user will then be given an option to update or not. . . i hope this will help the Team in the future Build cause this is mostly the problem of several of my client .

Please if you find Driver Booster fails to give the right latest update again, please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit. com

We will check for you asap :)