IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Update Driver Booster to v2.4 & Get the Latest News

Cicely

Drivermax found a latest software of Intel HD graphics and Booster found the 2nd latest one. It need a lot of improvement. Right now in my opinion it's 80% far behind than most competitor...

Thank you for the feedback. Iobit can use this information to improve the database.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The computer I'm using is an HP Pavilion ze4500 with an AMD Athlon running at 1.86Ghz, with 1GB of RAM and running Windows XP service pack 3.

This version of Driver Booster (v2.0.3.69) works much better than the previous one had on my computer. I can run it with my internet connection active and my processor doesn't get overworked, overheated and crash. However, since my computer is 11+ years old and no driver updates for any of my laptop's components have been made since 2008, the only things that get updated by this program are things like Java, Quicktime, or Flash. And there is a driver package I need in order to be able to use my laptop's PC Card slot again, but this program can't find it. A driver package I was able to find online using info from this program & from my device manager list was uninstallable because a crucial (and unidentified) INF file was not present in the package. According to my computer's Install Software wizard, the needed file might only be found in Windows OS files predating Windows 95.

The computer I'm using is an HP Pavilion ze4500 with an AMD Athlon running at 1.86Ghz, with 1GB of RAM and running Windows XP service pack 3.

This version of Driver Booster (v2.0.3.69) works much better than the previous one had on my computer. I can run it with my internet connection active and my processor doesn't get overworked, overheated and crash. However, since my computer is 11+ years old and no driver updates for any of my laptop's components have been made since 2008, the only things that get updated by this program are things like Java, Quicktime, or Flash. And there is a driver package I need in order to be able to use my laptop's PC Card slot again, but this program can't find it. A driver package I was able to find online using info from this program & from my device manager list was uninstallable because a crucial (and unidentified) INF file was not present in the package. According to my computer's Install Software wizard, the needed file might only be found in Windows OS files predating Windows 95.

Thank you for the information. Is there an issue we can help you with. If so, please ask the relevant question.

Try Drivermax. You will find a lot of updated drivers. Too bad with the free edition you can only update 2 driver update per day. Life is sad...

I get blue screen/system crash when trying to update qualcomm atheros ar9285 wireless network adapter. My computer is Sony Vaio VPCCA running Windows 8. I disabled my internet security (AVG 2015) while updating so that is not the cause. The first time I attempted installing this update I got a blue screen system crash and my computer rebooted twice and failed but I was able to do a system restore from windows troubleshooting options on startup. I attempted to install the update again, and I got a blue screen again, computer rebooted normally this time - no system restore needed. Odd..

I forget what blue screen error message said....Windows ran into a problem, collecting information...something like "system thread execution" or exception error? I've added it to my exception list for now. Hope this helps you fix this.

Hi kenny23,

Please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper-new.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

Thanks a lot.

It seems Driver Booster 2 need a LOT of improvements. I have the Pro version but compared with Drivermax the latter is better. Why? It found more driver that need to be updated than DB. Sadly I have the free version of Drivermax so I can only update 2 driver update per day. Life is sad...

Hi a.puerta16,

We don’t display the outdated drivers which may cause serious PC problem after updating. And we are keeping to expand our database urgently now. Driver Booster will support more devices for driver updates ASAP.

If you don’t mind, please provide us with information as below and we will check and find the drivers for you and add them into our database later.

1. What the missing drivers are? (You can send us the screenshot of the scan result of other driver update tools)

2. Tell us the brand and detailed model of your computer or motherboard

3. Download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com

Thanks a lot.

Hi Marqust,

We'd like to help you find driver after you provide us with the following information:

1. Tell us the brand and detailed model of your computer or motherboard

2. Download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send the zip file and the information of Step1 to dbfeedback@iobit.com

Hi, IObit.

I am tired. Driver Booster every day say: Update PhysX, update PhysX... after 10x update this say same sh#t. Who I must to kill and how, eh? ;-) InfoHelper report attached.

Have a nice day and thank you for a help.

Hi Cyprea,

As for the driver problem you reported, please follow the steps below to fix it:

1. Download the driver(s) from the link(s) below and install with the wizard:

http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/PhysX-9_14_0702-SystemSoftware.msi

2. After the installation and possible reboot, please scan with Driver Booster again and see if the driver(s) is/are installed or not.

3. If there is any failure message, please take a screenshot and send it to us.

Guide for Taking Screen Shots: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

4. At last, download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit with your forum ID.

Thank you so much for your time. Look forward to your reply:)

Hello, I have the latest Driver Booster 2 Pro which I PAID and I have Driver Max FREE version. Driver Max found an outdated driver software and DB2 don't find anything. So...?...

Hi a.puerta16,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Please send us the following information to dbfeedback@iobit.com and we will check asap:

1. What the driver is? Or you can send us the screenshot of Driver Max FREE.

2. Download

http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file.

3. Tell us the brand and detailed model of your computer or motherboard

Thank you for your time :)

?????? ??? ????????? ???????? ???????? ?????>...???? ??????? ??????? driverbooster PRO ????????.... ?? ?????? ?? ?????? ???????? ????? ???? ???????? ??????... ?? ???? ??? ??? ??????? ????? ???? ???? ??????? ? ???? ???-?? ????????.... ? ??? ??????????....

Hi hans.zadir777,

Could you please post in English?

• 2 weeks later...

I do hope it is better, than the last 2.1.0 - installed in a NEW HP Envy TS 15 - i7 cpu system, and finally after 45mins of waiting for it to install a realtec modem driver - i forced the shutdown. then had to restore back to last know, then totaly DELETE Drive booster... and simply as Realtek to install update... took about 5 min. to DL install and all for a 11.5mb file. seems also that much of the ASC Pro version fails 100% on uefi only. so totally removed the FREE ASC latest from HP Envy TS 15. found an installed all drivers manually, then gave back to client.. and so tired of all the cnet crap which it wants to add..

please stop using the default update. CNet if full of

I do hope it is better, than the last 2.1.0 - installed in a NEW HP Envy TS 15 - i7 cpu system, and finally after 45mins of waiting for it to install a realtec modem driver - i forced the shutdown. then had to restore back to last know, then totaly DELETE Drive booster... and simply as Realtek to install update... took about 5 min. to DL install and all for a 11.5mb file. seems also that much of the ASC Pro version fails 100% on uefi only. so totally removed the FREE ASC latest from HP Envy TS 15. found an installed all drivers manually, then gave back to client.. and so tired of all the cnet crap which it wants to add..

please stop using the default update. CNet if full of

Hi Snuffy,

As for the realtec modem driver, is it OK now? There might be something wrong with this update. If it happens again, please contact dbfeedback@iobit.com

As for ASC, could you please simplify this problem?

not sure what you mean simplify the problem. the fix was as stated, control alt del to stop Driver booster - then reboot, which then windows set a default driver...then open an ask for update this driver

as recommended by M$ -then once done, the screen was back to full screen, then to realtek and get the latest recommended driver.... dl and install. I then told the user to not allow Drive booster update the

realtek driver, then showed him how to do this.... so far there has been no more issue... I also instructed DO not use any of the CNET update downloads. so now he wantes me every saturday to come do his driver updates... if needed... normally about 15 mins and a cup of coffee later...

Why do you need to use another free program if this one works on all machine, all my friends use Driver Booster 2.1 or the latest available, and most of them want me to do all the updates for them weekly, so i check all machine, (free coffee also) that way, and several business i IT for also use FREE Driver Booster..never had any issues with for the most part... NVidia drivers are the worse then some RealTek Modem drivers... but I simply kill the program then manually update if any issues.... one business usually gets upto 10 to 16 drivers... if you have issues then you should post as FEEDBACK so it can be fixed.

Why do you need to use another free program if this one works on all machine, all my friends use Driver Booster 2.1 or the latest available, and most of them want me to do all the updates for them weekly, so i check all machine, (free coffee also) that way, and several business i IT for also use FREE Driver Booster..never had any issues with for the most part... NVidia drivers are the worse then some RealTek Modem drivers... but I simply kill the program then manually update if any issues.... one business usually gets upto 10 to 16 drivers... if you have issues then you should post as FEEDBACK so it can be fixed.

Lol please use some common sense. I installed another program to see if the crappy Driver Booster 2 missed any driver update or not. And turned out it miss a lot. So a paid crappy DB2 Pro has poorer performance than another free program. Made sense? I have been using the feedback system and it take them ages to implement the update. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..

EDIT: Some text has been removed as it is unsuited to the Forum norms. We do not allow personal attacks/derogatory comments regarding other users. Please refrain from doing so in future.