IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Accusation Thread - Dispute

solbjerg

My underwear was made in Thailand :grin:? Yes we are a world community. That does not negate the fact that China is a hot spot for counterfeit goods. Cloned this, Cloned that... Replicas. Fake LV's you get my point.

Last warning. Stay on topic, or you will receive a temp ban.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last warning. Stay on topic, or you will receive a temp ban.

ItsmeJJJ, initiated a flurry of insults to me yet receives no warning? Seems to be tight nit community. Why don't you direct this 'stay on topic' to the other members solbjerg or itsmejjj. I've taken the courtesy to ignore solbjerg... do me the courtesy of warning your other members also.

Banning me will only put another nail in IObit's coffin.

For someone who complains about others not being able to write, or speak the english language all to well, you have a VERY hard time reading.

I've told the both to be nice, which, in the current english language ( i dont know how outdate your concept of it is) means more than one, or plural.

You, on the other hand, continue to attack, and try to make yourself somewhat superior, but fail to do so.

thank you.

I've seen some big repetition/discrepencies in posts. Woz knows. Also seen honest posters keeping their cool. I believe the forum will survive. Of course there will be some examination of threads/submissions. Iobit deserves the chance to defend themselves. Locking/deleting/moving/combining/.... many terms being thrown around.

I've examined some of these "so called" links and they appear to steal data from Iobit pages and amend into pages with other links. Obvious data corruption. To those who want to jump on the "bash wagon", look hard!!

For someone who complains about others not being able to write, or speak the english language all to well, you have a VERY hard time reading.

I've told the both to be nice, which, in the current english language ( i dont know how outdate your concept of it is) means more than one, or plural.

You, on the other hand, continue to attack, and try to make yourself somewhat superior, but fail to do so.

Ahh :lol: See all those three lines are an attempt at a troll. You are trying to invoke me so I can get banned. Then so be it.

1. I read perfectly the line were you said 'you both play nice'

2. Threatening me to be banned and not the other user means one. Your threat to ban was directed at me and not the other user.

3. I continue to defend my self, from your attacks also. 8-)

The statement was made to the both of you, you in particular because it's been a common trend with you.

Quite honestly, I dont need a reason to ban you, I can do it with ease. There was no attacks, just a a comment made for the sake of this forum, and you.

Keep the forum clean, or the cleaning crew just might have to come in.

The statement was made to the both of you, you in particular because it's been a common trend with you.

Quite honestly, I dont need a reason to ban you, I can do it with ease. There was no attacks, just a a comment made for the sake of this forum, and you.

Keep the forum clean, or the cleaning crew just might have to come in.

Could you do us a favor and correct the title spelling since this is now the primary thread regarding the allegations. Thanks

This is the first time I come across so many mad dogs (maybe only one) in a forum. Ehmmm, Let me think about it, why don’t they act as adult, but they act as mad dogs, just bite and bite, over and over again. In my opinion, this issue should be talked in court, but not IObit forum. Do not hurt people over there and there, but help people as you can, that’s should be a man! Nobody is absolute right or wrong, but you should be a man! Who cares when your thing is stolen, but you should keep your things left for the sake of being lost again.:lol:

Hi Slitz

Have they said why?

They will be losing a lot of updating customers that might have tried some of the other software they are offering. This could be costing them money as well.

Cheers

solbjerg

MajorGeeks.com

CNET Download.com

Softpedia.com

They all have removed iobit.

from CNET:

Editor's Note, November 4, 2009: IObit, the maker of Security 360, has been accused of intellectual property theft of malware definitions. (Read more about the dispute in our CNET News story.) Per our policy, CNET Download.com is no longer hosting the installation file. The Download Now link points to IObit's Web site, where the company claims to have posted software that is compliant with intellectual property laws. CNET has not substantiated this claim.

From Softpedia:

In light of recent events, Softpedia has decided to remove the IObit Security download, at least until the company clears its name. For more details, please read the following article: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Malwarebytes-IObit-Stole-Our-Signatures-Database-125928.shtml

i have been loyal to iobit for a while now, and i think IObit is legit. their point provided about how people tend to submit samples that other vendors caught and iobit missed seems to explain it. however i would like to see this cleared up.

really though iobit, mbam has some pretty convincing evidence. think about it, if you admit it, people will be disappointed, but if you get caught and you cant deny it anymore, then more people will get mad.

so if you did this, admit it. if you didnt, good luck.

i have been loyal to iobit for a while now, and i think IObit is legit. their point provided about how people tend to submit samples that other vendors caught and iobit missed seems to explain it. however i would like to see this cleared up.

Sorry for keeping on repeating myself ;-)

But how can a user submit a file and label it as "Rogue.AVCleanSweepPro" when that malware name and the file that is associated with it doesn't exist in the wild.

Heres a quote from the original MalwareBytes blog:

The final confirmation of IOBit's theft occurred when we added fake definitions to our database for a fake rogue application we called Rogue.AVCleanSweepPro. This "malware" does not actually exist: we made it up. We even manufactured fake files to match the fake definitions. Within two weeks IOBit was detecting these fake files under almost exactly these fake names.

Ok Slitz

Thank you for the information, - none from MajorGeeks??

I do not have much time to search the Internet so I appreciate your information.

Cheers

solbjerg

from CNET:

Editor's Note, November 4, 2009: IObit, the maker of Security 360, has been accused of intellectual property theft of malware definitions. (Read more about the dispute in our CNET News story.) Per our policy, CNET Download.com is no longer hosting the installation file. The Download Now link points to IObit's Web site, where the company claims to have posted software that is compliant with intellectual property laws. CNET has not substantiated this claim.

From Softpedia:

In light of recent events, Softpedia has decided to remove the IObit Security download, at least until the company clears its name. For more details, please read the following article: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Malwarebytes-IObit-Stole-Our-Signatures-Database-125928.shtml

Hi fuzzydice

Are you really sorry you are repeating yourself?

"doesn't exist in the wild." How do you know this with absolute certaincy??

Cheers

solbjerg

Sorry for keeping on repeating myself ;-)

But how can a user submit a file and label it as "Rogue.AVCleanSweepPro" when that malware name and the file that is associated with it doesn't exist in the wild.

Heres a quote from the original MalwareBytes blog:

Hi fuzzydice

Are you really sorry you are repeating yourself?

"doesn't exist in the wild." How do you know this with absolute certaincy??

Cheers

solbjerg

well we dont REALLLY know for sure, but according to MBAM it was an IN HOUSE sample made specifically to trap IObit, so ye...

Ok Slitz

Thank you for the information, - none from MajorGeeks??

I do not have much time to search the Internet so I appreciate your information.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg.

No sorry, couldn´t find any info from them but my guess is that they removed it for the same reason as CNET and Softpedia. But maybe one day in the future (if this clears up) they will all take iobit back for people to download.

And also, if someone finds the reason as to why MG removed iobit, please feel free to post, as I´m also interested to see why? If not for the same reason as CNET and Softpedia that is.

Cheers

Slitz

Ok firzen

Then shouldn't we wait taking sides until all the evidence is in.

Cheers

solbjerg

well at least MBAM has provided proof while IObit is sitting back in the dark not saying anything, at making a really pathetic excuse... so, atm the proof MBAM has provided is much more incriminating.

Ok Slitz

You sound like a reasonable fellow.

Glad we had this chat!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg.

No sorry, couldn´t find any info from them but my guess is that they removed it for the same reason as CNET and Softpedia. But maybe one day in the future (if this clears up) they will all take iobit back for people to download.

And also, if someone finds the reason as to why MG removed iobit, please feel free to post, as I´m also interested to see why? If not for the same reason as CNET and Softpedia that is.

Cheers

Slitz

Ok firzen

Self manufactured proof though.

So let's please wait passing jugdement until the accused party has had time to rally under the attack.

Cheers

solbjerg

well at least MBAM has provided proof while IObit is sitting back in the dark not saying anything, at making a really pathetic excuse... so, atm the proof MBAM has provided is much more incriminating.

Archived