IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Post your suggestion, bug report here

Tim Xue

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi proclivity

It has been tried, but too many people had problems using it, so it was discontinued.

There are some rather good programs in that category, but they find the newest drivers and these are not all recognized/accepted by Windows and security applications, so you still have to choose accepted versions for yourself.

Therefore - at this point in time I think it better to do it on ones own, and make sure that no conflict will spring from that.

Cheers

solbjerg

a driver updater please? that would be so sick

i payed for the upgrade and truthfully havent seen much difference :( maybe im missing something

Despite trying everything I have read here for when other people had trouble updating, I still cannot, is there a location where I can get the manual update, and can it be linked into the program so if it happens again I can just click on it and go get it.

I have been trying to update since the newest version was released, it was fine before then, and yes I did follow all the instructions about uninstall/reinstall, twice

Hi AiboPals

What version are you using?

Have you closed the program, and the automatic functions running in the background?

A Clean install is to install the program like it was the first time the program was installed, - this means uninstall the program, delete its folder clean out everything relating to the program - - - and then install it again as a new/fresh install. Best way is to download the program to your desktop or a folder with downloded programs in for example your documents. Then right click the install program and chose Properties and remove the blocking from the program in the lower right hand corner. Then install it.

Cheers

solbjerg

Despite trying everything I have read here for when other people had trouble updating, I still cannot, is there a location where I can get the manual update, and can it be linked into the program so if it happens again I can just click on it and go get it.

I have been trying to update since the newest version was released, it was fine before then, and yes I did follow all the instructions about uninstall/reinstall, twice

Hi AiboPals

What version are you using?

Have you closed the program, and the automatic functions running in the background?

A Clean install is to install the program like it was the first time the program was installed, - this means uninstall the program, delete its folder clean out everything relating to the program - - - and then install it again as a new/fresh install. Best way is to download the program to your desktop or a folder with downloded programs in for example your documents. Then right click the install program and chose Properties and remove the blocking from the program in the lower right hand corner. Then install it.

Cheers

solbjerg

Version 3.3.4 and yes I followed those instructions from the thread that explained about uninstalling, infact I did it twice, and ran a registry etc cleaner then rebooted, then reinstalled.

It still makes no difference, so as I say is there a place to download a manual update so I don't have to go through so much aggravation just to update, and can access to said download be incorporated into the help system somewhere, within the program

Hi AiboPals

If you have version 3.3.4. - what update are you talking about then?

Is it the definition update? Depending on your settings it usually updates automatically, - - but not every day generally.

Or perhaps it was the update that gave the software informer?

If so it placed an icon in your additional tools - when you click on that icon you will be presented with an option to download that additional function.

Was it a misunderstanding on my part perhaps? If so - I am sorry!

Cheers

solbjerg

Version 3.3.4 and yes I followed those instructions from the thread that explained about uninstalling, infact I did it twice, and ran a registry etc cleaner then rebooted, then reinstalled.

It still makes no difference, so as I say is there a place to download a manual update so I don't have to go through so much aggravation just to update, and can access to said download be incorporated into the help system somewhere, within the program

Hi AiboPals

Have you tried changing the program settings?

Sometimes just a refreshing of the settings is sufficient, - if they are hanging for one reason or another.

Cheers

solbjerg

I am talking about the auto update, or lack of that has been prompting me and trying to update every time I reboot since I installed that version

Hi AiboPals

Have you tried changing the program settings?

Sometimes just a refreshing of the settings is sufficient, - if they are hanging for one reason or another.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes I have tried changing a number of settings, repeatedly

Ok AiboPals

Let's have a look at them please.

Attaching my own update settings

Cheers

solbjerg

here is mine currently, though I have tried each of the settings

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u134/AiboPals/misc/ascupdate.jpg

Blue Screen of Death

Hello,

After installing ASC3, I started getting the dreaded blue screen of death. From what I can tell, it maybe related to an audio issue with my creative drives or perhaps registry. Since I get errors sometimes now that pop up when I start up the system. Though I have no problem running audio or video, so strange. Interestingly enough, I also only get the blue screen of death when the computer is not in use. So it usually happens when I'm sleeping at night, but sometimes during the day too just as long as nothing is happening on it program wise. I usually get the Kernel Stack Error, 0x0000000077, but today had a 0x00000000F4. I've searched these forums as well as else where on the net and couldn't find anything to help me. BTW I'm using the free version of ASC.

I also had a question about uninstalling for an update, when you uninstall and re-install to get an updated version does it automatically restore your system settings or was that something I should have done manually before losing my original system settings? If so, then would it be pointless to restore with my updated version since it wouldn't hold the original creation point of this program?

Thanks in Advance,

Hi 1111,

A)

It may be interesting for you to read THIS one and post # 11, 15 ,16 of THAT one.

B)

With reinstalling ASC, program's setting will be kept (Installing the new version, where it automatically uninstalls the old version.), but if I understand your question correctly, the OS's original system settings will not be as before the first repair of the previous version.

You can try the Windows' Restore function choosing a restore point prior to the installation of ASC. (Your first ASC.)

Please read USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread in Lounge section.

I hope you have not used the Care button before reading the above thread.

Cheers.

security holes found

Hi Crew,

Great to be part of the beta program “This is one great tool for weeding out intruders keep up the good work. I will be following this all with great interest. I have one question. In the security Analysis the program finds 3 security holes found when I click to show details nothing is shown is this normal?

8-)

Disables My Anti-Virus Realtime Protection

Looks as if Advanced SystemCare Professional (3.3.4) - not sure which cleaning component (registry, most like) makes Comodo Defence+ forget its settings, and also plays havoc with ESET NOD32 AntiVirus (4.0.437.0) by switching off its realtime file system protection (needs to be 'repaired' or reinstalled frequently after running Advanced SystemCare Professional). It's beyond me to play detective, other than what I'm now reporting, but please check it out. It could - of course be an interaction between the two apps I've mentioned, due to an effect on just one of them, rather than a direct effect on both of them at the same time.

Regards

Thanks Enoskype,

For your time and help, but my problem persists. I'd already ran through the microsoft link you provided, but with no positive results. The second link you posted with specific posts is a bit helpful, its got me going in a different direction at least. Which is better than the dead ends I was beginning to face.

I also thank you for your answer to my question, though it is rather disappointing that ASC would prefer to sabotage my system settings through an update rather than restore them automatically. As for using microsofts system restore; I have little faith in it, it never has served its namesake.

I took your advise and skimmed through the IObits Usage Thread, but its huge and I don't know exactly what I'm suppose to be seeing. As for your warning about not using the 'Care' button, I wasn't aware it was a button until you said it! I also didn't see any mention of it in the thread you referenced it too. But I will avoid it, like I plan on avoiding IObits products in the future.

This seemed like a good product and it does seem to work well on my friend's computer. Perhaps I'll give IObits another chance in the future, but for now I'm only concerned with repairing the damage its done to my computer.

Thanks Again,

Thanks Enoskype,

As for your warning about not using the 'Care' button, I wasn't aware it was a button until you said it! I also didn't see any mention of it in the thread you referenced it too.

Hi 1111, not at all.

The quote below is from Usage of IObit Products thread in Lounge section, post # 3 Using ASC.

I am sorry to hear about your decison to avoid IObit products, although sometimes there are problems, there are more than 30 millions of people using them with little complaints if you compare the numbers.

There are many users and Admins in this forum willingly helping other users with their best effort.

I hope, you will be using the IObit products, as your comment of giving a second chance. You may than join the helper users.:smile:

First Scan/Repair

When you have installed ASC and let it open by itself, it usually runs a Maintain Windows scan.

After it has scanned "Spyware removal", "Registry Fix", "Privacy Sweep" and "Junk Files Clean", it will show what "Problems" it found.

You then have to click on "Problems" under each category and if you find an item that you do not think should be "repaired", you just mark it and click "ignore", this places it in the "Ignore list" - and it will not be presented as a "problem" anymore.

If you have configured the "Settings" under all categories to your need, it should work flawlessly.

When this is all done to your satisfaction you click "Repair" and the program cleans away the "problems" (deletes them)

The first few times (1-2-3) You should not use the middle button "Care", while this does scan AND repair automatically!!

But after everything is configured to your satisfaction, you CAN just use the "Care" button.

(And then it actually IS a "one-click solution") :-)

Have a great day and cheers.

Update:

Thanks again,

Though I (or anyone), hardly needs the political pep talking. I've had some progress with your help. Apparently their is a conflict with Windows Defender, specifically when the updater runs. So I disabled it, and it didn't crash last night. So if it can run another 24 hours, I should have resolved the issue. And I guess I don't need windows defender, since I have Norton, Spybot, Malware Bytes, etc.

However, after searching your forums I couldn't find anyone that had posted a similar problem. I find it hard to believe that this is a new problem...

Oh and thanks for going out of your way to quote what you were talking about in your previous post. And sorry about the fanboy remark above.

Regards,

Hmm?

Updates:

I've managed to avoid the BSOD within a 24 hour time period, but can't break past the 48 hour marker. Event Viewer now indicates an 'Iastor.sys' error that seems to be related to several other Dell users BSOD. Though its curious I would only start suffering from it after getting ASC (I've had this system since 06'). Plus I also get a Microsoft Fax error that comes up, but I don't think that's triggering my BSOD.

I'll post another update if I make any progress on this, or when I hit a brick wall and have nothing left to do...

Regards,

Need Help with update

Hi

I recently installed ASC free version 3. It works brilliantly on my laptop with all

its features. But when it comes to update it repeatedly gives me an error message 'Cannot connect to web server'. I work behind a proxy.. so I have checked the enable proxy box. I even placed ASC program in the allowed programs list in the windows firewall. But my other programs seem to have no problem in getting updates. My OS is Vista.

If anyone could help me, it would be great.

Cheers

Update problem

Yeah.. I have given the proper host address and port number.. and my username and password are also correct. As a matter of fact, I am having problem with updates even with the other iobit product ' Security 360 ' .

It would be great if you could help.

Cheers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------