IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Post your suggestion, bug report here

Tim Xue

Paper port

Hi Tropicalone,

Can you tell us more detailed information, you said that when you reinstall the Paper Port, and then you can run it again.

But if you run ASC Pro, there will be the trouble again. Which modules you have used with ASC Pro, and then you discover that it cause your Paper Port trouble again?

We must find the source, so that we can fix it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi dhor

You probably did not check the "problems" during the scan and put those you needed into the ignore list before clicking Repair.

Go to Restore center and annul all the changes that was made.

If successful run a scan again and this time check all "problems"

Read "Usage of IObit Procucts" first though.

The best course of action with a new dishwasher is always to read the manual! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

When i tried this ASC software on my workstation with cybercafepro client, I can't connect to my cybercafe server anymore.. Why? How to resolve this problem?

Hello!

I'm using ASC Pro from version 3.0. At the time 3.2.0. I check sometimes the Registry defrag but it's telling me always that no need to defrag the registry. Even if i put on a computer that has never seen a diagnostic/repair utility. Is this a bug?

Second: I think the driver updater needs a little "boost". Sometimes it wants to update with incorrect drivers, maybe this is a beta product?

Sorry for my bad english. Keep up the good work, i love ASC and Smart Defrag too!

Hi Narxis

Do you remember to close all running applications before running the Registry Defrag - also the ones you may have running in the background?

for example SmartRam or ASC or SmartDefrag!

Normally it is not nessesary to run it very often, which is a good thing - because if something happens while the defragging is going on, for example an electricity power break or short-out, you could be left with a computer that is unusable. If you do an enormous amount of installing and uninstalling you can gain a bit extra speed by running it once in a while.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello!

I'm using ASC Pro from version 3.0. At the time 3.2.0. I check sometimes the Registry defrag but it's telling me always that no need to defrag the registry. Even if i put on a computer that has never seen a diagnostic/repair utility. Is this a bug?

Second: I think the driver updater needs a little "boost". Sometimes it wants to update with incorrect drivers, maybe this is a beta product?

Sorry for my bad english. Keep up the good work, i love ASC and Smart Defrag too!

ASC PRO V.3.2.0 & Bug in TCP Optimization?

Hi,

first of all I would like to say - Congratulations ASC is really an excellent program.

BUG?

While using the Firefox TCP Optimization Function (Automatic Optimization) I receive always following error message: "Cannot create file "c:\ documents and settings\.....\....\prefs.js Access refused

(Translated from german language).

Just for reference.

Kind regards

Chris

Hamburg/Germany

Hi calimeros

Do you have Firefox installed?

I have no problem!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. read the excellent posts by enoskype about Firefox/TCP Optimizing

here, follow his links:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1979

(.js = java script)

Hi,

first of all I would like to say - Congratulations ASC is really an excellent program.

BUG?

While using the Firefox TCP Optimization Function (Automatic Optimization) I receive always following error message: "Cannot create file "c:\ documents and settings\.....\....\prefs.js Access refused

(Translated from german language).

Just for reference.

Kind regards

Chris

Hamburg/Germany

Hi Solbjerg,

Thanks for your answer, yes I have firefox installed and it worked with ASC PRO v.2 fine.

The prefs.js is the file for the firefox settings.... I assumed already any writing protection, but none.....?

Hi calimeros

Do you have Firefox installed?

I have no problem!

Cheers

solbjerg

(.js = java script)

I just now added a p.s. in my previous post in this tread!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg,

Thanks for your answer, yes I have firefox installed and it worked with ASC PRO v.2 fine.

The prefs.js is the file for the firefox settings.... I assumed already any writing protection, but none.....?

Game Booster Issues

See this thread here for details on the problem and a current work around. The issue right now seems to be only with machines operating with Windows XP. Windows Vista has no noticeable errors.

Could there be some Windows XP setting that interferes with the proper usage of the program?

What information would be necessary to determine what exactly is going wrong and how to properly fix it?

Hi plainab

Could it have been an item in "problems" under System optimize that should have been placed in the ignore list?

System Optimize for a large part tries to save resources!

This can sometimes have undesired effects if one does not want it to save resources in that particular setting.

Cheers

solbjerg

See this thread here for details on the problem and a current work around. The issue right now seems to be only with machines operating with Windows XP. Windows Vista has no noticeable errors.

Could there be some Windows XP setting that interferes with the proper usage of the program?

What information would be necessary to determine what exactly is going wrong and how to properly fix it?

Hi plainab

Could it have been an item in "problems" under System optimize that should have been placed in the ignore list?

System Optimize for a large part tries to save resources!

This can sometimes have undesired effects if one does not want it to save resources in that particular setting.

Cheers

solbjerg

I can not speak for the OP in the other thread.

As far as my system goes, I had installed the new version over top the earlier version (ASC). The program did an automatic initial scan where I had the opportunity to look at each file set to be removed. I saw nothing that looked like the "missing" file. But at that time I did not know about the issue.

In exploring the new features of the new version of ASC, I found Game Booster and gave it a try. It worked just fine. A few days later, I tried to use the Game Booster and was given the aforementioned error (see thread I linked to in earlier post). I came to the forum to see if someone had already reported the issue. I saw that someone did, but there was no information anywhere about a solution. I scanned my computer for the "missing" file and found it right where it should be within the ASC program directory. When I noticed the Sup_GameBooster.exe, I ran it and GameBooster executed correctly.

However, when I go back into ASC and try to run GameBooster from there (as it's meant to be) the "missing" file is still missing even though it is present and is properly read in a direct execution of GameBooster. This leads me to believe that somehow during the first initial run of GameBooster the pathway pointing to servicelist_xp.ini gets broken.

I tried GameBooster within ASC on my wife's Windows Vista laptop and it functioned properly as it should for several tries.

This leads me to believe that the issue is only on versions using Windows XP.

For your information, I am using the Free version of ASC. I do not know if the paid version has this issue.

For now to get around this issue, I've created a short cut for Sup_GameBooster.exe on my desktop. It works with this method, it just does not work when accessed within ASC on the second and later attempts.

I am running ASC 3.2.0 and having the following problem with Smart Ram. The first time I run ASC after it is installed I can go to the utilities and start Smart Ram with no problems. Then if I exit Smart Ram and exit ASC and reboot my computer, I can start ASC but I cannot start Smart Ram. The only work around I have found is to uninstall ASC and reinstall and then everything works fine. I have even gone directly to the ASC folder and clicked on Sup_SmartRAM but to no avail. This was also a problem in ASC 3.1.2 and that is why I went to the new release to see if it worked any better. I am running Windows XP. Thanks

I would like to advise you all people that Advanced SystemCare 3.2 is compatible totally with Windows Seven. After over two weeks of extensive testing I can assure you that the software will run and work perfectly under Windows Seven. Just the Game Booster have to be updated so it detects Seven as a supported OS, cause yesterdays update left me without it as someone thought that it won't work under Seven, while it runs better than ever :).

Hi sandfighter,

Please have a look at this post.

Three issues are solved in ASC 3.2.

Are you saying that the two glitches mentioned there, a part from GameBooster, working in ASC 3?

Cheers.

NOTE:

I am going to attach the old version of Sup_BameBooster.exe in the other thread that you mention updated does not work..

Hi dolson

Uncheck the Shared files in Registry fix to narrow down to find out which shared dll is the reason of pause.

It is a good idea to use the search function to see if others have had the same problem and if any solution has been found :-)

Take a look in the tread Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section

Cheers

solbjerg

Registry scan stops at shared dll file can you help

BUG report : Startup manager, is adding more and more inactive duplicate entries every time it is opened and closed. Trying to delete these entries is only temporary , later they reappear and continue to increase, from 100+ entries to over 600 now. How can I remove them, only annoying now but is going to become a problem. Bob

Hi Tropicalone,

Can you tell us more detailed information, you said that when you reinstall the Paper Port, and then you can run it again.

But if you run ASC Pro, there will be the trouble again. Which modules you have used with ASC Pro, and then you discover that it cause your Paper Port trouble again?

We must find the source, so that we can fix it...

Re my post 2-16-2009

Fixed the Paper Port problem by adding items to the ignore list.

Have done a number of scans since and things are fine.

The tips I received lead me to the answer. THANKS

These are the things ignored

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ScanSoft\Directories\ shell folder

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ScanSoft\PersistentData\Setup\last used

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ScanSoft\Shared\LTTWN90N.DLL

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ScanSoft\Shared\LTOCX90N.OCX

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ScanSoft\Shared\LTKRN90N.DLL

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ScanSoft\Shared\LTIMG90N.DLL

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ScanSoft\Shared\LTFIL90N.DLL

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ScanSoft\Shared\LTDIS90N.DLL

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ScanSoft\Shared\LFCMP90N.DLL

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ScanSoft\Shared\LFBMP90N.DLL

:roll:

For some reason when I save this info a "space" shows between the 9 and 0N.

The "space" should not be there, it is not part of the file names.

If doing anything with these file names delete the "space"

Close pop-up

If you have any suggestion or want to report bug to us, please have no hesitate to post it here. But DO NOT SPAM.

Running version 1.10 on W2k SP4

When I mouse over the upper right red X to close, a yellow pop-up with the word close comes up. When I click the X the pop-up does not go away and the only way I can get rid of it is to open the software again and close using Alt-F4 instead. If I click before the pop-up appears it is no problem.

See attached screen captures (combined into one image).

Hi VTDBA

You could try to refresh your settings.

I do not experience this behaviour.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. screenshot attached

Running version 1.10 on W2k SP4

When I mouse over the upper right red X to close, a yellow pop-up with the word close comes up. When I click the X the pop-up does not go away and the only way I can get rid of it is to open the software again and close using Alt-F4 instead. If I click before the pop-up appears it is no problem.

See attached screen captures (combined into one image).

Driver Update Problem

Hello,

I am having problems with the driver update utility.

I have tried it on several different machines, all with different hardware but using Windows 2000 Pro.

In one case, I added ASC right after an install and it appeared to be working. After going through the service packs and updates it began to fail as the others did.

The error is:

"Access violation at address 0045C04d in module 'Sup_DriverUpdate.exe'. Read of address 00000001."

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Robert D.

Hi Robert

Take a look at my comments to this application in:

I always just use it to find the latest verified update, sometimes I even just go the the driver in question on my machine and try to update it from there.

Sometimes this works. At other times it will just say that it can't find a better driver than the one you already have. I often accept that.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello,

I am having problems with the driver update utility.

I have tried it on several different machines, all with different hardware but using Windows 2000 Pro.

In one case, I added ASC right after an install and it appeared to be working. After going through the service packs and updates it began to fail as the others did.

The error is:

"Access violation at address 0045C04d in module 'Sup_DriverUpdate.exe'. Read of address 00000001."

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Robert D.