IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Post your suggestion, bug report here

Tim Xue

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

License Information

Hi

On the previous version of AWC V2, when you selected the about tab, it shows the registered user, license key & expiry date information.

With ASC shows some thank you information, does ASC give the same information if so where is it displayed for reference.

Auto Care Disables Key Board

Hi

Believe have found the ASC V3.1.1 changes restore file that stops the keyboard and mouse pad functioning during the next boot up.

How can I examine the file to see what system changes were performed so as to add the ones that need to be set to ignore.

right click only allows delete

Hi

Believe have found the ASC V3.1.1 changes restore file that stops the keyboard and mouse pad functioning during the next boot up.

How can I examine the file to see what system changes were performed so as to add the ones that need to be set to ignore.

right click only allows delete

its most likely system optimization so after you restore it just dont touch it :)

License Info & Ignore List

Hi Budda_357,

1)

For License information,

Go to: Home=>Overview=>User Account=>cick "Professional"=>"Registration: Advanced SystemCare Pro" window=>License Manager=>More Action-=>click "View Installed License"=>"Registration: Advanced SystemCare Pro" window=>License Manager=>License Information

2)

For Ignore List, after Restoring to the time before ASC 3 Repair,

Go to: "Options"=>"Options :General Settings" window=>General Setting=>-Notification-=> check the checkbox of "Show guide window"=>click "Apply"=>click "OK".

Go to: Click "Diagnose System" on the main interface=>"Welcome to Advanced SystemCare" window=>read the content of the window=>check the checkbox of "Show this guide at startup"=>click "OK"=>click Scan=>"Scanning..."finishes=>"Welcome to Advanced SystemCare" window=>read the content of the window=>check the checkbox of "Show this guide at startup"=>click "OK"=>System Optimization=>click on "# problems found"=>"Details: System Optimization" window=>Select a Category on the left pane=>right cick on the Optimization items on the right pane you wish to put to Ignore List.=>right click menu=> click "Ignore This Problem"=>click "OK"=>click "Repair".

Next time, when you scan, those which were put to the Ignore List will be skipped and repair will reveal "No problems." for "System Optimization."

It is similar in Maintain Windows=>Registry Fix, and Spyware Removal, cases. Cookies ignoring can be dealt within Ignore List in Options.

After organizing the Ignore List, Automatic Care can be performed in future Repairs.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Unable to update thru a firewall

Since upgrading from v2.X to 3.0 and 3.1.1, I have been unable to execute IOBit Update successfully. I do not have firewall port control, and previous (2.X) versions did not have this problem. Suggestions?

Al Reamon

Hi areamon

Have you tried a clean install?

Please read the whole of this post:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=509

Cheers

solbjerg

Since upgrading from v2.X to 3.0 and 3.1.1, I have been unable to execute IOBit Update successfully. I do not have firewall port control, and previous (2.X) versions did not have this problem. Suggestions?

Al Reamon

Unable to update thru a firewall

Hi Solbjerg,

I have tried uninstalling, using Revo Uninstaller, then CCleaner, to preclude interactions. No change in performance. The product works fine; I cannot download the database file update (the logfile shows failure). Again, this is a result of mods from 2.X to 3.X, as 2.X updated fine thru the firewall.

Externally, from a straight ISP connection, it updates OK.

alr

Hi areamon

If you deleted the AWC /ASC folder before using ccleaner, then it probably isn't what is wrong.

You could try finding all ASC/AWC leftovers with your search function after the uninstall, and delete that before installing the unblocked install.exe file again.

You use normal settings I suppose?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg,

I have tried uninstalling, using Revo Uninstaller, then CCleaner, to preclude interactions. No change in performance. The product works fine; I cannot download the database file update (the logfile shows failure). Again, this is a result of mods from 2.X to 3.X, as 2.X updated fine thru the firewall.

Externally, from a straight ISP connection, it updates OK.

alr

Hi Solbjerg,

I have repeated this process, using the Advanced Mode in Revo Uninstaller, which checks the registry and hard drive for leftover items after the application uninstall completes:

1. Remove ASC 3.1.1

2. Remove IOBit SmartDefrag

3. Delete c:\Program Files\IOBit directory

4. Ran CCleaner and CCLeaner Registry check

5. Rebooted

I then reinstalled ASC 3.1.1. Program Install was successful until the autoupdate was called; I received a blank form, which persisted. I then closed the blank form window, and then received a red X system error message, which repeated various times until I exited the application.

When I again opened the app, tried to update, but failed. The message initially indicated success ( with a very fast response) , but View History showed database download fail.

Does this app require different port settings for send / receive? Proxy config @ 8080 also does not work.

alr

Hi areamon

It sounds like you have been very diligent and thorough

I am sorry, - strange problem

When you click "check for updates" in the start window, doesn't it then display IObit site? and mirror?

Do you use proxy?

IObit site is marked by default and if you then click check, doesn't it then very quickly tell you that you already have the latest definition updates?

The last I have is from the 8. of January, and the logfile tells me it was downloaded and installed with succes.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg,

I have repeated this process, using the Advanced Mode in Revo Uninstaller, which checks the registry and hard drive for leftover items after the application uninstall completes:

1. Remove ASC 3.1.1

2. Remove IOBit SmartDefrag

3. Delete c:\Program Files\IOBit directory

4. Ran CCleaner and CCLeaner Registry check

5. Rebooted

I then reinstalled ASC 3.1.1. Program Install was successful until the autoupdate was called; I received a blank form, which persisted. I then closed the blank form window, and then received a red X system error message, which repeated various times until I exited the application.

When I again opened the app, tried to update, but failed. The message initially indicated success ( with a very fast response) , but View History showed database download fail.

Does this app require different port settings for send / receive? Proxy config @ 8080 also does not work.

alr

When you click "check for updates" in the start window, doesn't it then display IObit site? and mirror?

Yes, have tried IOBit Server and Mirror Server, same results: Available Updates shows "Database File" Size 370.18KB. I then click download, with a "Finished-You have successfully updated your program" window. However, clicking the "View History" Button shows download failed

Do you use proxy?

I have tried enabling the proxy with the correct information. I then get a screen "Retrieving update information, please wait". This never finishes, and I finally have to cancel.

Question: What changed in update between v2.X and v3.X, as the problem began with V3?

IObit site is marked by default and if you then click check, doesn't it then very quickly tell you that you already have the latest definition updates?

The last I have is from the 8. of January, and the logfile tells me it was downloaded and installed with succes

Re ASC V3 Pro

Hi, Enoskype & IcyFrostPyro

Thanks for your suggestions.

The strange thing is, this problem has been only with ASC V3. Use the same settings on 3 computers and only effects the Toshiba & has been evident in the beta versions from day 1.

Originally thought it to do with a windows update and took awhile to attribute the problem to ASC.

After your suggestions, waited until the weekend to be able really try to isolate.

When identified the keyboard and mouse problems were due to something in ASC then have tried some settings and the program appeared to function for awhile, even after a few auto care cycles then the keyboard and mouse problem during boot up would resurface, in the end had to go back to a set restore point & disable the ASC program.

Today restarted the ASC service again

First performed a system optimization only then restarted the computer a few times, no problems.

Next performed the windows maintenance with only the the Reg Fix ticked in addition, deep scan enabled. Have then rebooted and halfway through rebooting, no keyboard and mouse function problem again.

Entered safe mode and rolled back those changes, the rollback was successful message displayed & rebooted but problem was still evident this time

Have then through safe mode enabled boot check disc function. During phase 2 it identifies a S130 file? which it deletes then recovers lost files, reboots and works OK.

After a few reboots to confirm still working OK, then performed the Reg Fix with deep scan disabled and reboots are fine.

A question when the program updates to new version are the old settings that I have set maintained or are the program defaults reloaded

Believe it maybe near impossible to debug the ASC deep scan report log.:?:

broadband network speed has been drastically slowed.

###### I hope this is the right place for a new post. It seems non-obvious. ########

I first noticed this after optimizing the net for firefox, using Iobit for the first time.

Internet speeds are now often at dial-up levels = - (

My router initialises at near 4 Mbps (ie pipex 'up to' 8 meg)

but only 500Kbps of this reaches the speed test on my laptop.

This system is Vista hp, (on 1.66 C2duo, 2g ram etc, etc.)

What do I do now?

Kind regards, bill 777

Re Deep Scan

Hi, Enoskype

Deep Reg scan certainly finds a lot of obsolete left overs

Found a couple so far that may be part of the cause.

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2824833447-3343532426-683042919-1005\Keyboard Layout\Substitutes\ N/A

The above is related to NT & 95

As this problem only was effecting the Toshiba, thought it has to be something that is part of Toshiba installs like their silly "Config Free" which is just a (what they think is nice) GUI for exactly what basically IE does when it diagnoses connection problems. Thoshiba have their own Hot Key setup and thought the next key could be a cause

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2824833447-3343532426-683042919-1005\Keyboard Layout\Toggle\ N/A.

Believe the only way, is to do a deep reg scan, every item that has anything like below, that has \Software\TOSHIBA will add to the ignore list

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2824833447-3343532426-683042919-1005\Software\TOSHIBA

Then reboot a few times to see if the keyboard mouse problems have been cured :?:

And if cured will be very :-P

It seems that if a program from the "Utilities" tab is clicked twice it will run a 2nd program ( 3rd, 4th, etc, respectively. )

Shouldn't there be a line like

If WinExists("Title, "Text") then Exit

Thanks

Valuater

8)

Update... Fixed in ver 3.1.2.606

BUGS - Cookies, Plug-ins, SFC, Shortcut Fixer

If you have any suggestion or want to report bug to us, please have no hesitate to post it here. But DO NOT SPAM.

I have several bugs to report --some I have reported before (but have yet to see a fix), plus a few more bugs and details.

See previous report: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=8286#post8286

I use Vista Ultimate 64-bit (desktop) and Vista Home Premium 32-bit (notebook) with ASC 3.1 installed on each. Most other installed software are the same on both PCs.

COOKIES:

I have preserved useful cookies for certain websites through several generations of Windows by using the IE cookie import/export feature on the File menu. When I import these cookies, by default Vista places them in Username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Cookies/Low. Additional cookies acquired when this account is run normally are placed in the same "Cookies/Low" folder. Only cookies acquired when surfing with this account "Run as Administrator" are saved directly in the higher level "Cookies" folder.

ASC 3 only recognizes some (but not all) cookies in the Username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Cookies folder, and NONE of those in the Username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Cookies/Low folder. As such, ASC 3 does not clean the cookies I acquire roaming the net and the ASC 3 "exclude/ignore" feature does not allow me to save my useful cookies unless IE7 is run as an "Administrator." Other cookie cleaner/keeper utilities like Norton SytemWorks, ZoneAlarm Security Suite, Karen's Coookie Viewer, Webroot WindowWasher, Free Internet Window Washer correctly identify this default cookie location.

COOKIE BACKUP PLUG-IN:

Also, the Driver Backup Utility (under tab "Security") has plug-ins to backup Cookies and Favorites. It also cannot find my cookies since the default location is listed as C:\Documents and Settings\releaseengineer\Cookies. There is no such folder in Vista and nothing termed "releaseengineer" in XP. This appears to be a holdover from the early development stage of ASC 3 and never corrected. Please correct this bug.

Is it possible to add to the "options" menu a browsable folder locator to set the default or any customized location for Cookies, temp folders etc, used in ASC 3 cleaning processes? This would make your application's features useful to more users and help solve problems for those who do not always run their OS and browsers with Administrator privileges.

SFC:

In 32-bit Vista the Sytem File Checker in the Utilities section launches and runs as it should. However, on the 64-bit system clicking SFC briefly launches a black DOS command screen, which disappears in less than 1 second. Has anyone else seen this problem?

SHORTCUT FIXER:

Shortcut Fixer (and so, sometimes Registry Fix) often identifies shortcuts I have made to program icons on my desktop, and shortcuts for installed programs that I have intentionally moved from their default locations to a new folders as "Nonexistent Shortcut File." They cannot be nonexistent if they are still on my desktop or their new folder grouping and still function. Allowing Shortcut Fixer and Registry Fixer to automatically delete these items makes them disappear, forcing me to restore the registry or sometimes a disk image to a previous state in order to recover access to the program.

Is it possible to insert a functionality to redirect missing, outdated or misdirected shortcuts to their proper targets (like Norton SystemWorks WinDoctor)?

SYSTEM OPTIMIZATION:

System Optimization identifies and corrects WaittoKillServiceTimeOut from the default 20000 to 5000 in 2 registry locations; however, when I reboot my computer, the registry settings always revert to the default value of 20000. Any suggestions here?

Hi dcs1e,

You have a fairly big list of suggestions and bugs, if you are a licensed PRO user, please send the suggestions directly to IObit too.

SFC, together with Chkdsk and Ntbackup is taken out from ASC 3 utilities in version 3.1.2 build 604.

SYSTEM OPTIMIZATION:

Did you try changing the Registry entries manually?

Cannot install ASC on a system with Windows ME

I tried repeately to install ASC Free 3.12 on a system tonight that is loaded with the Windows ME operating system. I was re-directed to the CNet site, for the download even though I went to the IObit.com. It says that it will work with Windows ME, but after downloading it states that Windows NT 5... is required or something to that effect, so there is obviously something wrong, either with the system requirements or the download itself. Thank you. I will look for your reply as soon as possible. I would like to get this installed for someone ASAP. Great Product! 8-)

Advanced System Care Pro 3 - not doing it's job!

This is my problem with this system. After you do any of the suggested scans, Maintain System, Diagnose Utilities, or any of the system tools, it will run a scan and give you the problems. At this point, it is up to you to click on the things that you want to update, delete, change, etc, and then select repair. It runs down each one and says "Problem Fixed". Now, when I immediately run the scan again, the same problems present. It didn't actually fix anything! Can you explain this to me? You would think if it runs down the list of things that was found in error and you comply with their expectations of checking off the things you want fixed or changed, that it would do it for you automatically. Not so! Although this is a very useful tool in that it has a lot of helpful information to give you and where to find it, I still find that it is up to me to make sure that I go in and manually fix those problems that it found. Not only that, but I had just downloaded AVG8 free trial which is the full program for 30 days. It actually asked me to delete those registry keys and I found that I had to re-download it all over again. Does anyone have this problem or has anyone discovered this problem with their program? Try it and see what I am talking about. The very things it finds as problems and you check "repair" and it runs down the list and says "Problem Fixed", then run the scan again and see what happens.

Hello susanrose

Do you have a sight impairment? If so we can write in langer font to you.

It does not happen like you describe by me, if I run a cleaning extra immediately after the first one, there will usually only be a couple of "problems" in the registry, the rest will say "No problems".

Have you tried it by closing the program first before running the extra cleaning?

By the way one shouldn't overdo the cleaning!

Cheers

solbjerg

This is my problem with this system. After you do any of the suggested scans, Maintain System, Diagnose Utilities, or any of the system tools, it will run a scan and give you the problems. At this point, it is up to you to click on the things that you want to update, delete, change, etc, and then select repair. It runs down each one and says "Problem Fixed". Now, when I immediately run the scan again, the same problems present. It didn't actually fix anything! Can you explain this to me? You would think if it runs down the list of things that was found in error and you comply with their expectations of checking off the things you want fixed or changed, that it would do it for you automatically. Not so! Although this is a very useful tool in that it has a lot of helpful information to give you and where to find it, I still find that it is up to me to make sure that I go in and manually fix those problems that it found. Not only that, but I had just downloaded AVG8 free trial which is the full program for 30 days. It actually asked me to delete those registry keys and I found that I had to re-download it all over again. Does anyone have this problem or has anyone discovered this problem with their program? Try it and see what I am talking about. The very things it finds as problems and you check "repair" and it runs down the list and says "Problem Fixed", then run the scan

again and see what happens.