IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Post your suggestion, bug report here

Tim Xue

WaitToKillServiceTimeOut

Hi dcs1e,

You have a fairly big list of suggestions and bugs, if you are a licensed PRO user, please send the suggestions directly to IObit too.

SFC, together with Chkdsk and Ntbackup is taken out from ASC 3 utilities in version 3.1.2 build 604.

SYSTEM OPTIMIZATION:

Did you try changing the Registry entries manually?

Yes, I changed every WaitToKill registry entry manually, but the values revert to the default with every reboot. It appears some aspect of the AWC3 automatic cleaner (?one of the index.dat entries) may be wiping the change on startup. I haven't been able to figure out a way to add WaitToKillServiceTimeOut to the ignore list. Any ideas?

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi dcs

Have you tried changing them manually and then run a registry cleaning and a system optimization and see if they show up as "problems"?

If they do, you can put them in the ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, I changed every WaitToKill registry entry manually, but the values revert to the default with every reboot. It appears some aspect of the AWC3 automatic cleaner (?one of the index.dat entries) may be wiping the change on startup. I haven't been able to figure out a way to add WaitToKillServiceTimeOut to the ignore list. Any ideas?

intsallation /uninstallation problem

If you have any suggestion or want to report bug to us, please have no hesitate to post it here. But DO NOT SPAM.

When executive is downloaded it at times says some 0 bin is missing connot install get a new copy.While uninstalling some files persist ,could not be deleted with a tag that access denied.Those are ignore,main and favco .Even if erasing is difficult and achieved a new setup does not configure with a tag that ipersist.

ppanda

hello panda

Please read this string especially the first post.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=509

You have probably had something running automatically in your systemtray.

Cheers

solbjerg

When executive is downloaded it at times says some 0 bin is missing connot install get a new copy.While uninstalling some files persist ,could not be deleted with a tag that access denied.Those are ignore,main and favco .Even if erasing is difficult and achieved a new setup does not configure with a tag that ipersist.

ppanda

Windows Mail (Vista)

Twice I have installed IOBits Advanced Care (latest version) and twice I experienced corruption of the Windows Mail (Vista SP1) software with folders having been rearranged and having seriously messed up my message rules. I was about to purchase the software but unless there is a valid reason as to the cause of this glitch I can't justify doing so as I cant keep fixing the mess each time I run throught the system cleanup.

Any explanations similar problems?

Regards,

QT1 (Mike)

PS: I like the defragger, it seems to work very well.

My system had a definate speed inprovement sabe for the screw up on Windows Mail program.

Hi QT1

Please read this string/tread

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1979

Cheers

solbjerg

Twice I have installed IOBits Advanced Care (latest version) and twice I experienced corruption of the Windows Mail (Vista SP1) software with folders having been rearranged and having seriously messed up my message rules. I was about to purchase the software but unless there is a valid reason as to the cause of this glitch I can't justify doing so as I cant keep fixing the mess each time I run throught the system cleanup.

Any explanations similar problems?

Regards,

QT1 (Mike)

PS: I like the defragger, it seems to work very well.

My system had a definate speed inprovement sabe for the screw up on Windows Mail program.

broken link upgraded Pro cannot enter license

broken link upgraded Pro cannot enter license

Nice product, that's why I bought it.

Upgraded and cannot enter license number. Link to website or ? listed on previous posts does not work.

searched board- understand I need a "new" license number

please post a working link to get new license number

thanks!

Windows Seven AWC.exe start up problems

ASC 3 pro will not start when run with normal registry run. It won't run when

short cut is placed in startup folder. Task bar ASC icon has a security shield

on it when I pin it to the task bar.

HarryWG

Hello Harry

Apparently you haven't unblocked the program prior to install, so you have to add it as an exception in your firewall.

Take a look in the tread Install-Uninstall - and/or in Usage of IObit programs.

Cheers

siolbjerg

ASC 3 pro will not start when run with normal registry run. It won't run when

short cut is placed in startup folder. Task bar ASC icon has a security shield

on it when I pin it to the task bar.

HarryWG

Is there any way ASC can allow a user to change the order in which the system tray entries are executed on startup?

Why?

Because I have a system tray executable that needs a live network to run properly and it starts BEFORE the wireless network component that creates that connection. So, everytime I start my laptop, I have to let the system tray executable error out, displaying a dialog box telling me there is no network, and wait until a network connection is made before going back and restarting the failed system tray member.

I currently am trialling ASC and it looks pretty good - I don't use the defragger as I use Perfect Disk. It would be nice to be able to tell ASC that PD is installed and use that instead of the one shipped in ASC.

regards

Simon

Clearer picture

:sad:Sojberg: I do not have a sight impairment. Are you being sarcatsic? No, there are no other programs running either. I do the scan a second time and it shows 3 of the 4, or 4 of the 5 as still having problems. Let me explain more clearly: I run the scan, it shows problems in sometimes all of the areas scanned, sometimes problems in only say 4 of the 5 or 3 of the 4. I click repair, and it says "problem fixed" in all of the areas that previously showed that there were problems. Why would it say "Problems Fixed" if when I run a scan a second time, there are the same problems plus some more that it failed to show the first time (and yes, I checked the logs)?Why would closing the program change this problem? I looked at the logs, the things it says were problems the first time around and then said "problem fixed", are still there when I do a manual search! Some of these things won't allow me to delete them, in that case I would expect the program to say "Problems unable to be fixed, see comment" or something to that effect. Why should it pick those things needing to be cleaned if they aren't necessary. I think this is a problem with the program. Did I make/state my problem clearer this time so that you can understand? I think if it says "Problems Fixed" and then I run a scan immediately after that, those problems should not show up nor any new ones. I have the registered version, also! :?:

Thanks for your reponse in advance.

Hello susanrose

Do you have a sight impairment? If so we can write in langer font to you.

It does not happen like you describe by me, if I run a cleaning extra immediately after the first one, there will usually only be a couple of "problems" in the registry, the rest will say "No problems".

Have you tried it by closing the program first before running the extra cleaning?

By the way one shouldn't overdo the cleaning!

Cheers

solbjerg

Newest version of HiJackThis

:neutral:When I submitted my log to the HijackThis forum, it told me that there is a newer version, 2.02 I downloaded this and use that also. Can you update the HJT program to the newest version? For the most part, I think this is a great product. Thanks.

hello susan

No sarcasm intended, - it was brought on by your very large font in bold script, so I thought that you might have trouble reading small script.

And if you had trouble I would have written in a larger font size to help you.

I do not understand why the problems you describe comes up on your machine and some few others.

As I told you before - I do not experience that when I try to run the cleaning operation twice or even three times. (which I tried in order to try to achieve your result)

Have you read through the post called "Usage of IObit products" in the Lounge section?

Cheers

solbjerg

:sad:Sojberg: I do not have a sight impairment. Are you being sarcatsic? No, there are no other programs running either. I do the scan a second time and it shows 3 of the 4, or 4 of the 5 as still having problems. Let me explain more clearly: I run the scan, it shows problems in sometimes all of the areas scanned, sometimes problems in only say 4 of the 5 or 3 of the 4. I click repair, and it says "problem fixed" in all of the areas that previously showed that there were problems. Why would it say "Problems Fixed" if when I run a scan a second time, there are the same problems plus some more that it failed to show the first time (and yes, I checked the logs)?Why would closing the program change this problem? I looked at the logs, the things it says were problems the first time around and then said "problem fixed", are still there when I do a manual search! Some of these things won't allow me to delete them, in that case I would expect the program to say "Problems unable to be fixed, see comment" or something to that effect. Why should it pick those things needing to be cleaned if they aren't necessary. I think this is a problem with the program. Did I make/state my problem clearer this time so that you can understand? I think if it says "Problems Fixed" and then I run a scan immediately after that, those problems should not show up nor any new ones. I have the registered version, also! :?:

Thanks for your reponse in advance.

Screen too Bright & will Not stop messin with it!

-installed advanced system care- screen goes bright- adjusted the brightness as low as it will go in the Options Menu- but when i close the options the screen goes bright again.

opened my Nvidia settings adjusted them from there- fine back to normal- now everytime i open then close ASC my screen goes bright again-

any fixes for this? am thinkin about buyin, but want to make sure this doesn't happen all the time. :-(

• 2 weeks later...
Just upgraded to ASC 3.0.1 PRO - Tried to use Firefox TCP Optimizer

Get an error box - "Did not find profile directory of Firefox"

Firefox is located in C: Program Files.

Why can't ASC PRO find it ??:sad:

------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Just to mention that I have a similar problem (always a "Do not find profile directory of Firefox" error with my ASC-Pro 3.1.2), despite that my Vista Firefox installation is fully standard... (C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles)

Any help ?

Paul

NP2C

Hi np

Could it be a problem with running it as user? You have to run the program as administrator.

Cheers

solbjerg

------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Just to mention that I have a similar problem (always a "Do not find profile directory of Firefox" error with my ASC-Pro 3.1.2), despite that my Vista Firefox installation is fully standard... (C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles)

Any help ?

Paul

NP2C

System Restore points deleted by Adv.carePro3

I too have had difficulty with AdvCarePro3 deleting important files such as my system restore points and other backup points. AdvCp3 only keeps ONE restore point from the previous day!!! All previous backups are gone!!!! even from the month prior.

It also deleted important security information from my local email folder (i use Eudora). I had to re-install my desktop mail package.

Can anyone help me with this?

ASC Pro 3.1.2 creates problem with Paper Port 11 & Brother FAXRX.exe

If you have any suggestion or want to report bug to us, please have no hesitate to post it here. But DO NOT SPAM.

I have a problem.

I have a brother MFC 465 CN, using fax receive to PC, into PaperPort 11.

Brother program FAXRX.exe has the option of saving as ".tif, or .max"

When I run ASC Pro, changes something, and will only save as a .tif. The .max option becomes unavailable. I think ASC Pro has an issue with Paper Port 11, because when i uninstall, and reinstall PP11, the problem is fixed, until ASC runs again.

Windows Defender

We loaded the Pro edition on Monday, and we are now no longer able to access our Internet browsers without first idling our Firewall. How do we get correct this?

I am a novice at this, but I read where you have to "permit" window defender warnings during installaton of ASC Pro.

Hi Tropical one

When you run a scan using ASC you have to look into the "Problems" it finds and place the items you need in the ignore list by clicking ignore - before clicking repair. Do not use the middle button "Care" before all is configured to your satisfaction and needs.

Take a look in the tread "Usage of IObit programs"

Cheers

solbjerg

I have a problem.

I have a brother MFC 465 CN, using fax receive to PC, into PaperPort 11.

Brother program FAXRX.exe has the option of saving as ".tif, or .max"

When I run ASC Pro, changes something, and will only save as a .tif. The .max option becomes unavailable. I think ASC Pro has an issue with Paper Port 11, because when i uninstall, and reinstall PP11, the problem is fixed, until ASC runs again.

Hello Tropicalone,

Please use Advanced SystemCare Pro to separately perform a "Registry Fix" scan, after scanning please view the problems details and save the list of detected "problems" as a text file (Save Report) and post it here.

Hi np

Could it be a problem with running it as user? You have to run the program as administrator.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello Solbjerg,

Thank you, but it doesn't seem to be a problem of running Vista as a user:

- I'm a "user" with Administrator privilege

- I'm the only "user" of all my computers

- I tried to "run as an Administrator" option, with the same result

- I have this problem on other of my computers, but not on all of them...

Kind regards,

Paul