IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Post your suggestion, bug report here

Tim Xue

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ASC alters AV Permissions - rootkit?

I believe this may be an issue related to that described here:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=4144

(and perhaps also experienced by those reporting slow system performance in this forum?)

That said, here is what happened:

I uninstalled MCAffee and Installed Avira (tired of MC's inefficiency). I then installed and ran ASC.

I ran the first of the four steps with no issues. When I went on to the second, I skipped defrag for lack of time but when it came to what was next, it crashed (can't recall what was next because of what happened next):

Now I have the usual windows protection shield in front of Avira and IObit. When I click, it says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions on this computer."

This happens both for the *.exe in the program folder and the desktop shortcut.

So far I have encountered nothing too unusual although system performance seems to have dropped by about 80%.

Is this in fact some sort of rootkit? I didn't have anything like this before I installed.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help. MY THESIS IS ON HERE - I CAN'T LOSE ALL MY DATA!!

--Bert

Should have added:

1) this is a highly similar problem:

http://www.d-a-l.com/help/spyware-ad...g-malware.html

2) downloaded and installed HijackThis to post a logfile but got the same error message as below and the app would not run.

I believe this may be an issue related to that described here:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=4144

(and perhaps also experienced by those reporting slow system performance in this forum?)

That said, here is what happened:

I uninstalled MCAffee and Installed Avira (tired of MC's inefficiency). I then installed and ran ASC.

I ran the first of the four steps with no issues. When I went on to the second, I skipped defrag for lack of time but when it came to what was next, it crashed (can't recall what was next because of what happened next):

Now I have the usual windows protection shield in front of Avira and IObit. When I click, it says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions on this computer."

This happens both for the *.exe in the program folder and the desktop shortcut.

So far I have encountered nothing too unusual although system performance seems to have dropped by about 80%.

Is this in fact some sort of rootkit? I didn't have anything like this before I installed.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help. MY THESIS IS ON HERE - I CAN'T LOSE ALL MY DATA!!

--Bert

Hi bert

I forgot to say that very important data like your Thesis should alway be backed up to a flashstick/usb-stick or saved/burned to a cd/dvd.

So assuming you can use your computer please do that before trying any other suggestions.

Cheers

solbjerg

Should have added:

1) this is a highly similar problem:

http://www.d-a-l.com/help/spyware-ad...g-malware.html

2) downloaded and installed HijackThis to post a logfile but got the same error message as below and the app would not run.

Question for the Administrator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Advanced Care System turned up something called a "AlwaysUnloadDLL" which it will allow me to eliminate from my hard drive, and there is a note at the bottom of the window that states: "The above Windows settings have been detected as the bottlenecks of your Windows system and will be fixed automatically. Tip: you can add an item to Ignore List by selecting 'Ignore the Entry' in the right-click context menu." QUESTION: Should I click the "O.K" button to delete the AlwaysUnloadDll, or Ignore it? (I don't ant to delete something that is going to screw up my system--I DO want to delete it if it is in fact "bottlenecking" my Windows system and somehow screwing things up or slowing Windows down.

• 2 weeks later...

Two things that should be improved

1.The pop-up window of the free version should appear after all the scanning and fixing are finished.

2.It seems that while Advanced System Care is running but not doing anything the PC can't go in to stand-by mode, like it normally would if it stayed idle for a long time.

I left Advanced System Care scanning and fixing last night and fell asleep.After I woke up I found the computer still running after several hours of being idle. Advanced System Care had probably finished a long time before I awoke.

Hi SJSF,

Will you please refresh our memories about that pop-up window in Free version, by just giving us a screenshot.

Thanks and cheers.

Sorry I can't, I got the Pro version last night.

I just think that the pop-up window should appear after it finishes all the scans and not after the Maintain Windows scan when you press the Care! button.

What was written on that pop-up window or what was it showing ?

Cheers.

I don't remember very well but it was something about upgrading to Advanced SystemCare Pro to speed up the PC by some %, fix more errors, and speed up internet connection by some %.

Smart defrag

I just want to ask the question ? Every time I have to restart the laptop, smart defrag shuts down completely. Sometimes I have to resart it 2-3 times and then it appears in the systray. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice now and that is not helping. Does anybody know how to correct this problem or forward it to the right person. I have Windows Vista now and Windows 7 due to be shipped the 22nd of October and would like to find out how to fix this before installing it.

Thanks in advance

brokerer

The AWC does the spyware scan, when it scans it shows what it scans and check if it is spyware. Everytime it scans showing things like adware/ezula Trojan.downloader.win32 adware/hotbar etc.

It only finds the msn admt.txt and marks it as spyware, and these viruses are destroying my computer and iobit 360 pro is not finding these. Can you make it so it does remove the files!

Hi Mad Driver,

When ASC does a spyware scan, what you are seeing is what it is scanning for, not what files it is finding in your pc (except when it is scanning cookies). Are you finding any other indications that you have trojans?

samr.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'VE GOT A BUG IN THE LATEST UPGRADE I INSTALLED TONIGHT(V3.4).

In the "diagnose system" section when I start scan it goes into a loop with no progress advance and a blinking blue arrow cursor imbedded in the text above "Functions".

Anyone else got this?

Add:

I deselected "system optimization" and the scan proceeded normally.

Having problems

For some reason when i started scanning today, my scan will not complete. When it gets to the Registry scan, a box pops up that says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive F." It says at the top of the box Advanced SystemCare V3: AWC.exe-No Disk. It wont scan further, and then will freeze. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. How can i fix this? I have Windows Vista.

Desktop

For some reason when I boot I get another copy of desktop loaded. This happens after ASC has loaded. If I uninstall ASC the desktop does not load. If I delete an ini file it does not happen the next boot but the next boot after it loads again. I don't know how this happened. When my computer slows down I look for things and sometime it takes days for issues to arise. I don't know if I did anything wrong or not but I can't seem to find anything that loads the desktop in or from ASC. When ASC is unloaded this version of the desktop does not load. Can anyone help?

Latest Update Won't Download

Hello, this is my first post.

Have just finished installing ASC Pro, v 3.4

I then received a prompt to download the latest update. The download would not finsh.

System error popped up. I am using Win XP sp 3.

Would like to know if this will be corrected. Thanks.

Hi FranandSue

Please try a Clean install and then try to update definitions.

Clean install explained here:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11513#post11513

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello, this is my first post.

Have just finished installing ASC Pro, v 3.4

I then received a prompt to download the latest update. The download would not finsh.

System error popped up. I am using Win XP sp 3.

Would like to know if this will be corrected. Thanks.