IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Advanced SystemCare 7

itobe

more suggestions, plain jane theme

A plain Jane theme sort like the old Windows XP, no frills thing or maybe a "no skin" option for those folks who want or need a simple UI for low end machines. I've noticed some end users like the more old school look of XP, and some have really low end machines with limited capabilities.

a side note:I know some have said people should drop Windows XP and all but i think XP still has a place in today's world, would it hurt to keep support for XP?

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it ain't broke.....

Hello. :) I know that XP is used by many users but it's from 2002! I'm sure that you know that for 12 years many things have been changed in digital world. Windows 8.1 is really very good OS /no matter that it's in beta now/ so users must be forced to update to newer OS! Also XP support will be dropped next year / by Microsoft / so ... :) I don't see why modern optimization and antivirus products have to support it when newer OS are working even faster and they're more secured. :)

So I'll ever claim that people must get rid of XP! :)

Win8 is AWFUL; it's MS's feeble attempt to copy an Android based OS and has been full of bugs since it launched. Hence the Beta v8.1 already.

There's a REASON that XP is STILL used by many users (myself included) ~ it's probably the most stable thing they've ever brought out! And 12 years on it's coping very well with all the advancements to the digital world, thank you. Why should we be "forced to update", and spend even more money on Microsoft products that are unfinished and full of bugs? (just look at how many new OS's MS have brought out in the last few years, talk about covering your tracks! Eh, it's like the Win ME debacle all over again!)

I am using a stable, fully legal, bought and paid for, copy of XP; have never used anything else on my PC thru all it's configurations / upgrades and mods. (it started life as a Dell Inspiron about 8 yrs ago) Our laptops have gone thru Vista, Win7 and now Win8 -UGH! I hate them all!! I think it sucks that Microsoft are dropping support for this and I for one will not be forced to upgrade. I'd rather install Linux when the time comes.

As for you IoBit guys, 8-) please don't drop your support for this - I know there are many XP users out there that feel the same way that I do.

Win8 is AWFUL; it's MS's feeble attempt to copy an Android based OS and has been full of bugs since it launched. Hence the Beta v8.1 already.

There's a REASON that XP is STILL used by many users (myself included) ~ it's probably the most stable thing they've ever brought out! And 12 years on it's coping very well with all the advancements to the digital world, thank you. Why should we be "forced to update", and spend even more money on Microsoft products that are unfinished and full of bugs? (just look at how many new OS's MS have brought out in the last few years, talk about covering your tracks! Eh, it's like the Win ME debacle all over again!)

I am using a stable, fully legal, bought and paid for, copy of XP; have never used anything else on my PC thru all it's configurations / upgrades and mods. (it started life as a Dell Inspiron about 8 yrs ago) Our laptops have gone thru Vista, Win7 and now Win8 -UGH! I hate them all!! I think it sucks that Microsoft are dropping support for this and I for one will not be forced to upgrade. I'd rather install Linux when the time comes.

As for you IoBit guys, 8-) please don't drop your support for this - I know there are many XP users out there that feel the same way that I do.

Actually if you you look at the list of fixes in windows 8.1 very little has to do with major bug and more to do with improvements made to the user interface, customization, and improvements to Directx. Don't get me wrong windows 8 had its issues just like any other OS. It took 3 service packs and about 200 hotfixes to make windows xp stable. Windows 8 was pretty stable on release with the exception of a few rare situations. Windows 7 was not that bad either. Vista I agree should never have been released. I have run every version of windows for 3.1 to windows 8.1 and I think windows 8.1 is great.

It would be nice if the system optimization profiles you select in the settings had an option for gaming as well. Also I have noticed that after running the scan that my networking settings get changed and locked. No matter how many times I tell it to enable file sharing it will not switch over. It also than makes joining / making homegroups a problem. I use regular filesharing not the option to share with the homegroup

Hi TJB1982,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion.

For the issue about IObit Uninstaller, please send us the related screeenshots to help us look into it.

For your suggestion to add a setting for game in system optimization, actually, you can run Turn Boost. There is a game mode to boost and optimize to give you a better gaming feeling.

For the issue " my networking settings get changed and locked. No matter how many times I tell it to enable file sharing it will not switch over", please also describe it more clearly with related screenshots, too.

Looking forward to your reply.

A plain Jane theme sort like the old Windows XP, no frills thing or maybe a "no skin" option for those folks who want or need a simple UI for low end machines. I've noticed some end users like the more old school look of XP, and some have really low end machines with limited capabilities.

Hi reactorbear and jinarion,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

@ reactorbear, happy to hear that you are satisfied with our products. We will try our best to make it better. Cheers.:-D

@jinarion, I will report your suggestion to our prduct team for consideration.

Welcome more your suggestions.

Hi TJB1982,

For the issue about IObit Uninstaller, please send us the related screeenshots to help us look into it.

For your suggestion to add a setting for game in system optimization, actually, you can run Turn Boost. There is a game mode to boost and optimize to give you a better gaming feeling.

For the issue " my networking settings get changed and locked. No matter how many times I tell it to enable file sharing it will not switch over", please also describe it more clearly with related screenshots, too.

I do not have screenshots because I have re-installed windows since than the video driver glitch. I really do not want to recreate the issue again but it is something that I have noticed consistently with the uninstaller. As for the networking issue it is working ok now of course but it is spiratic it will do it and than if I reboot a couple times not be doing it anymore. But I have attached the log file from ASC just in case that could help pinpoint the networking issue. To be honest I don't know 100% if it is ASC related or windows networking getting touchy

v6 vs v7

Have scanned a few comments but haven't noticed any asking about the discrepancies in errors found between v6 and v7. v6 finds a LOT of errors that are passed over by v7, and I'm just not sure I like the idea of such compromises -- even though the fewer errors discovered may not, probably DO not, effect the PC's performance.

Part of IObit's image, in my opinion, has always been the extent to which perfection is pursued; to start compromising now kind of strikes a sour note, don't you think?

Also, I have had to turn on Windows Automatic Update three times since installing v7 -- is there a relation, there? (I'm running Win7.)

Important!

Hello!

I have big problem!

I'm using ASC 7 Beta 2 and Windows 8.1 RTM ...

And after using ASC - Windows Metro apps don't work! They have "X" in the right bottom!

I'm not 100 % sure if this problem is related to ASC but I haven't installed any other programs so....

Now I saw that more people have this issue :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=582902095105737&set=o.444682598942637&type=1&theater

Please, fix it!

Driver Booster error

ASC Beta 7 v2 Driver Booster (from the toolbox section/tab) It ran fine found 3 devices that needed updated drivers, downloaded them, (I did one at a time as a precaution) each time this error dialog box popped up I hit continue and the drivers installed just fine.

They were

1394 Net Adapter

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core

NVIDIA GeForce 210

Hi TJB1982,

Cicely I just wanted to let you know that the amd catalyst removal utility also results in breaking the display settings so it is not necessarily an iobit uninstaller issue. However it also restricts your access privileges in windows and completely takes out UAC... This may have also been the issue with the networking because you need administrator access in order to approve the changes. This all happens with the IOBIT uninstaller and the amd utility but I am leaning more towards it being a problem with AMD driver packaging. Best Regards.

Used the new Uninstaller to take Tweetdeck off my computer. Took a very long time to get around to it, and IObit Malware Fighter, Windows Defender, and Windows Updater all had been turned off . . . by IObit Uninstaller, I would almost be willing to bet. You might check it out.

ASC v7 B2 Performance Monitor

I have version ASC v6 Pro and the ASC v7 B2 on the same system. ASC v6 performance monitor works just fine v7 will not run at all no error no anything, I made sure it was on and active by going to the quick settings and selecting everything and it shows on but will not run?

Hello!

I have big problem!

I'm using ASC 7 Beta 2 and Windows 8.1 RTM ...

And after using ASC - Windows Metro apps don't work! They have "X" in the right bottom!

I'm not 100 % sure if this problem is related to ASC but I haven't installed any other programs so....

Hi norton737,

Thanks for your information.

Yeah, it seems that there is something wrong with Microsoft itself that caused the issue. But we are still look into it. When everything is clear, we will publish it here.

Thanks again for your continual feedbacks. Cheers. :-D

ASC Beta 7 v2 Driver Booster (from the toolbox section/tab) It ran fine found 3 devices that needed updated drivers, downloaded them, (I did one at a time as a precaution) each time this error dialog box popped up I hit continue and the drivers installed just fine.

They were

1394 Net Adapter

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core

NVIDIA GeForce 210

Hi ChiefNerd,

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you mean you got the error message in the attachment when you updated the 3 drivers?

Please check your driver and make sure that you have the final version v1. 0, you can download it from http://driver-booster.en.softonic.com/download?ptn=iobit

Please use the lest version to see whether the issue continues. If it does, 1. Please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop. Please send us the zip file.

Hey I just wanted to report that I ran into the problem with my metro apps breaking. I thank downloaded and ran the info helper tool I hope this input helps :)

Hi TJB1982,

Do you mean that your metro apps does not work after running ASC?

If so, please read my post #272.

Hi TJB1982,

Do you mean that your metro apps does not work after running ASC?

If so, please read my post #272.

Yes they only stopped working after I ran ASC 7. However when I clicked on them it sent me to the store and repaired them. Granted I needed to do them each one by one. It is working now but figured you could use the input and data from the infotool.