IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Advanced SystemCare 7

itobe

cchilderhose

Do you have the Deep Clean function selected in your Registry Fix settings. If so you should disable it. Then try the registry clean again, and see if the search issue still exists.

Please give feedback.

Yes I did have this selected and have unchecked it. After running the Registry cleaner and selecting to repair the Windows Search service is still functioning after a reboot.

So there is a bug in the Deep Clean that causes this issue. FYI

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cchilderhose

Good to hear the issue is resolved. No, there is no bug in Deep Clean. It is more agressive and should only be used by those with strong understanding of the workings of the registry. When Deep Clean is used, the user must examine the list of registry items found in the scan, and repair those which are not required for the correct functioning of the system.

We have recommended many times to Iobit that Deep Clean should not be a default setting, and that a better warning as to its use is required.

Hopefully, when they see these posts they might implement the suggestions.

To be really honest no software removes the folder it was installed in after uninstallation or reinstallation. Only IOBIT uninstaller's powerful scan removes it or you manually remove it.:grin:

That has not been my experience. I have and am using software that will delete the old folder if needed when it installs the new version of the software. Most software does not have a seperate folder for each version of the software. When a new version is installed it is installed in the old directory and the update removes all the appropriate files from old version. IMO that is the preferrred method of handling it. Creating a seperate parent folder for each version creates more more problems than needed with an update.

Even Windows doesn't create a seperate folder for Windows when you update from W7 to W8 and W8 to W8.1. What it does is move all the old no longer used Windows files to a root folder off the C drive named "Old Windows" With Windows 8.1 upgrade Windows Clean Manager will delete that folder and its files.

I think I* have pro, I have paid for it and I had ASC6 Pro but the ASC7 does not say pro. The only way to tell if you paid for it at the home screen is instead of a upgrade yellow button there is a manage license link.

Is there a way to add a PRO to the paid for version?

Hi CKCustom,

Could you please describe the issue " I had ASC6 Pro but the ASC7 does not say pro" more clearly?

Looking forward to your reply.

cchilderhose

Good to hear the issue is resolved. No, there is no bug in Deep Clean. It is more agressive and should only be used by those with strong understanding of the workings of the registry. When Deep Clean is used, the user must examine the list of registry items found in the scan, and repair those which are not required for the correct functioning of the system.

We have recommended many times to Iobit that Deep Clean should not be a default setting, and that a better warning as to its use is required.

Hopefully, when they see these posts they might implement the suggestions.

Hi Scannan and cchilderhose,

@ cchilderhose, thanks for your feedback. To look into the issue, please try the steps below:

1) Please check and make sure that your system is OK.

2)Please download Reg,dbd from http://wikisend.com/download/570440/Reg.dbd

3) Please open the installation folder of ASC v7 and found the folder Database and put the downloaded Reg.dbd to replace the original one.

4) After step 3, please tick " Enable Deep Clean" and just tick Registry Fix to run ASC again to see whether the issue continues.

If the issue continues, Please download the tool from http://download.iobit.com/test/info-helper-v7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

@ Scannan, thanks for your timely reply. For your suggestion "Deep Clean should not be a default setting" , yeah, we made changes. In ASC v7, " Enable Deep Clean" is not ticked by default but user can open it in Quick Settings.

Thanks for helping us improve our products.

is ASC7 Pro

Hi CKCustom,

Could you please describe the issue " I had ASC6 Pro but the ASC7 does not say pro" more clearly?

Looking forward to your reply.

I have 2 years of paid for ASC7 but I ask is it now not a pro version or does it just not say Pro

http://s6.postimg.org/jd0ng6ewh/SS16.png

Hi slojanko,

Are you sure they were the same versions?

The latest ManageMyMobile installed by ASC 7.05 is version : 1.0.2.1344

Cheers.

Vers... What versions! I don't care about ManageMyMobile to be totally honest with you. It randomly decides to install itself.

And if it helps, whatever, I'm using ASC 7.0.5.360

Is ASC7 really auto installing ManageMyMobile? It was installed 3 times already.

Hi slojanko,

Are you sure they were the same versions?

The latest ManageMyMobile installed by ASC 7.05 is version : 1.0.2.1344

Cheers.

Vers... What versions! I don't care about ManageMyMobile to be totally honest with you. It randomly decides to install itself.

And if it helps, whatever, I'm using ASC 7.0.5.360

Although you don't care about ManageMyMobile, you can think that it is an extra tool for ASC users. So it is not randomly installed.

Since you have mentioned that ASC has installed ManageMyMobile 3 times already, my reply was to indicate that the versions of installed ManageMyMobile by different versions of ASC were not the same, and the latest version of ManageMyMobile that ASC7 (7.0.5.360) installed is 1.0.2.1344

You can find it out by right clicking on the ManageMyMobile.exe @ : C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\ManageMyMobile

The whole purpose of my post was for information.

Cheers.

The Performance monitor still opens the ASC window rather than performing a scan in the monitor itself I hope that in the next version my recommendation will be given a little value.:cry::cry::cry:

yes its a better idea to have the scan option launch quick scan without opening asc but that can only happen in v8 which is totally going to be the best I suppose

The Performance monitor still opens the ASC window rather than performing a scan in the monitor itself I hope that in the next version my recommendation will be given a little value.:cry::cry::cry:

Hi Ashish Kumar and Octavian,

Thanks for your continual feedbacks. I have reported your suggestion to our product team for consideration. Due to many reasons, this suggestion has not been added. But please do not let down. When we are developing ASC v8, please send us your suggestions asap. If other users have the same requirements like you, I am sure IObit will take action. :wink:

@ Octavian, ASC allow users to customize the skins the like in this forum, you can visit http://forums.iobit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80 to share your masterpieces and download the skins you like.:mrgreen:

Hi Ashish Kumar and Octavian,

Thanks for your continual feedbacks. I have reported your suggestion to our product team for consideration. Due to many reasons, this suggestion has not been added. But please do not let down. When we are developing ASC v8, please send us your suggestions asap. If other users have the same requirements like you, I am sure IObit will take action. :wink:

@ Octavian, ASC allow users to customize the skins the like in this forum, you can visit http://forums.iobit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80 to share your masterpieces and download the skins you like.:mrgreen:

I am so glad to hear that the Iobit team had the good sense not to implement the PM suggestion. Absolutely no need for these gimmicks. As was previously stated.....it is safer to allow the main UI to open in order to ensure the user wishes to continue, and also as has been previously stated the individual can be pinned as a shortcut on the desktop and run instantly from there.