IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Post your suggestion, bug report here

Tim Xue

Adware.Agent malware threat

I have the Advanced System Care Free version. I tried to send this through the tech support venue. It says that I can send it, but only paid versions will get a support response; however, when I clicked on the Free version in the drop-down list box, it immediately overlayed the entire page with a dark screen and would accept no further entries! All of the paid entries accepted entries, but none of the free version accepted entries, contrary to the previous page. So I will try to notify the user community piecemeal here.

There is a nasty malware that the ASC "Quick Malware Removal" tool does not detect. I have the most current version, 5.4.0.257. The malware is named "Adware.Agent". I caught this by running the free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It was in the lower operating system!

This malware is very active and slows your system down drastically, running mine to less than half speed. It even made my Quicken run at half speed. This makes me very nervous as to how much snooping it is doing.

Until IOBit can get the anti-malware for this threat, it might behoove you to run Malwarebytes. (No, I don't work for Malwarebytes. I am a normal everyday user.)

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello SkywayTraveler,

Thanks for the Info!

The malware scan program in ASC is not a complete Security utility,

and your Info verifies that.

It was not designed to be, which is why IObit recently created ASC with AV.

ASC/AV is a more complete Anti-virus and Malmare protection program.

Hopefully your forum-post will remind other users of that.

See this Forum for more info about ASC/AV:

http://forums.iobit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64

Please do not forget IObit Malware Fighter (IMF 1.5) which is a full fledged anti-malware companion program to Anti-Virus programs, be it ASC wA/V or other third party full anti-virus software.

I wonder if it could have flagged that malware!!!

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Question/Gripe

When you scan deep or otherwise,you get some registry items marked as 'high risk' if cleaned from the registry. I don't know about others but I avoid them like the plague! Afraid my computer won't boot up! Isn't there a way to mark Registry items marked 'High Risk' as 'Safe' to clean? :???:

I'm just afraid to jump off the deep end and include all 'High Risk' items when I clean the Registry... :shock:

@Cicely,I'm interested in your input. :-D

-Cowboy (running ASC latest+Antivirus)

I'm just afraid to jump off the deep end and include all 'High Risk' items when I clean the Registry... :shock:

We Agree, 'It's better to be Safe than Sorry'. :idea:

Those items may not be Needed, but they do Not take up much drive-space,

and normally do Not effect computer operation,

so if you are Not Sure, don't detete it. :!:

• 2 weeks later...

OK Probably my fault but HELP!

My pc stopped accessing the mouse/kb. I could have added my keyboard and mouse drivers to the disable part of the start programs through System Care. I have gone all the way to reinstalling Windows but still can not get my mouse/kb drivers to enable. When windows starts, the screen asks me to go over the drivers and install them but I have no way to interact with the pc... no kb or mouse. I am not sure if I can disable System Care (or even if this will be able to allow the drivers to load or if there is a way to install the drivers? I can use my mouse and kb when I go into the XP install disk but once it goes into the Windows screen I lose the mouse and Keyboard.

• 1 month later...
- one possibility is "Buy a Voodoo Doll" :-)

Nope,

BVD is a brand of men's underwear , which are commonly referred to as "BVDs." BVD stands for Bradley, Voorhees & Day, the New York City firm that initially manufactured underwear of this name for both men and women. BVD is now only for men. It was founded in 1876.

:lol:

• 7 months later...

Malware Fighter Bug Report W/Pics

If you have any suggestion or want to report bug to us, please have no hesitate to post it here. But DO NOT SPAM.
ASC Fails to run and to send bug report of failure on Malware Fighter Paid Version ASC Version 6.4 I have attached Thumbnail of screen shot Thanks, Jeff

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12803&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1378375597

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

ASCTray idea

how about a option to able to turn the ASCTray in Services from automatic(delayed start - automatic - manual - disabled) or right click the tray for the menu and select off or don't start with windows. because some people like me don't use it.for now i can reboot into safe mode <F8>and move it into a new folder....

how about a option to able to turn the ASCTray in Services from automatic(delayed start - automatic - manual - disabled) or right click the tray for the menu and select off or don't start with windows. because some people like me don't use it.for now i can reboot into safe mode <F8>and move it into a new folder....

How about you write complete sentenses, and not expect us to decipher the point you are trying to make. It really is not that difficult to express your problem in a fashion that we can all underststand.

• 2 weeks later...

Homepage Protection issue

Why is it that every time I close Chrome, Homepage Protection pops up saying that it protected my homepage setting? It happens regardless of the page I have visited, even if I only visited 1 page (such as Google search, which happens to be the home page that I have set in Homepage Protection). :-(

Ken,

Houston, Tx

Hi kennygr143,

Probably another program (or Chrome) is trying to change the home page and Homepage Protector is protecting your choice Google Search which is your Homepage.

Turn off the homepage protection and see what will be your Homepage.

We can check after seeing what is causing it.

Cheers.

I think I found the problem....sorry

Hello again,

I 'think' I found the problem. I had Chrome set for a home page of http://www.google.com, but Homepage Protection was set to https://www.google.com, so every time I closed Chrome, it was trying to set the homepage back to the original.

Sorry for the confusion (although it was mostly confusion on my end)!

Ken

Conduit/Search Protect

Why is it that Conduit/Search Protect managed to change my designated home page even though I have Homepage Protection set to https://www.google.com? What's more, it never made any indication that it even SAW the change happening!

Additionally, Conduit/Search Protect managed to 'throw in' Bing as the secondary search engine, when I don't use either of them.

Now, granted, the 'fault' for those both being there is mine because I installed a program called "Brain Workshop" from Sourceforge.net, but Homepage Protection SHOULD have at least notified me that the change was being or had been made!:evil:

OK, but.....

I'll go to a different thread, one specifically for viruses, BUT, what I didn't mention in the original post is that I have ASCU7 installed on my computers. Which brings up the question: Why did the ASCU7 Virus checker NOT pick up/stop the infection?????

Thanks for the reply, though.

Ken

ASC Homepage and default search engine protection.

I love this feature and thank you for it's inclusion. Brilliant, however I would like to see a button on the popup screen, when it detects a problem, to allow me to get more details about the problem. At the moment it blocks the problem about one in three times that I close Chrome, but it does not indicate which site or program is guilty. I would like to know this information so that I can take further action to prevent this from happening. I would like to uninstall the program for instance or complain to the site that is doing this, and tell them it is not acceptable. Thanks for what you have done, as it saves me a lot of trouble changing my preferences back many times daily, but I would like to not see your prompt as often, if you know what I mean...

Problem with Privacy Sweep ASC 7 Pro and Windows 8/8.1

. I am a computer Tech or GEEK if you will with a MASTERS degree in computer science I have tried this same problem on a windows 8.1 bare just software of windows only and it takes the passwords out of your banking website, email sites like yahoo, ATT, Gmail . etc I do not understand this it does not do it with Windows 7, Vista or XP.

The Windows 8.1 was a customers unit and I was showing her about your system and how it can help her but it wiped out all her passwords as well atleast we had a backup of them befor we had ran the program. ASC 7 Pro is something it does not like in Windows 8? And I would recommend to you that if you are trying on Windows 8 Machine I hope it is loaded with office and , as well as other programs as well as IE or Firefox's latest version then load up your saved websites as well as your saved homepages,then turn on the homepage protection? as well. after all this is done run everything for awhile visit websites and after all that is done then run ASC 7.2 and watch the fun begin but be sure you have some billing websites like electric companies , gas companies,banks, and credit card companies and even Facebook all sites that requir a password to login. Oh Yes when you enter all this data do not forget to put check marks in remember me and if you use IE or Firefox please have them save your passwords and logins. and you will see they will be all gone wether you have a check mark in saved passwords or not in the PRIVACY SWEEP area. So, when running a scan whether you have a check mark in passwords or remove the check mark the program still wipes out all passwords causing me to reenter each time I run a scan so now when I run a scan I am having to omit PRIVACY SWEEP where the passwords saved or not are located. I have noticed that it only removes the PASSWORDS in Windows 8.0 or 8.1 but not in windows XP, VISTA, or windows 7 home,pro or ultimate? I hope you will look into this so I can continue to use all features of this program. If not I cannot renew the program this coming August nor recommend it for windows 8 users.

Thank You for your assistance on this matter,

Scott Wiernik